Glad this pocket watch didn't come out edge first!

Iggyks

Elite Member
...with that milled (silver?) rim and only a tiny bit bigger than a silver dollar! They would have had to resuscitate me. Looks like it was a pretty cool little watch but in sad shape, no other parts to be found. The silver dollar isn't a find, was a present from my late grandmother many years ago,

Attachments

• IMG_3539.JPG
    IMG_3539.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_3540.jpg
    IMG_3540.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_3541.JPG
    IMG_3541.JPG
    124.3 KB · Views: 312
Great find, I love pocket watches and clock parts. My detecting buddy sometimes jokingly calls me "father time" because of how many I find. To give you an idea Recently I Pulled out some from the past two years or so to make a display. and this is only about half of what i found that made the cut for the display based on how many similar pieces I already pick out lol.

Attachments

• 20190323_161738_resized.jpg
    20190323_161738_resized.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 234
...with that milled (silver?) rim and only a tiny bit bigger than a silver dollar! They would have had to resuscitate me.

Oh boy - if that had been on edge, it would have been a heartbreaker for sure! Still a cool find - like Tpmetal, I think the old clock/watch parts can be pretty neat and I always end up keeping the gears, etc that I find.

My detecting buddy sometimes jokingly calls me "father time" because of how many I find.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom