View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 12:16 AM
waltr waltr is offline
Elite Member
Join Date: May 2018
Location: SE Pennsylvania USA
Posts: 1,813

Here is a good one I use:

Do POST photos so you can have the advantage of many experts.

The term "Plated" on a back mark wasn't used until the late 1800s as far I know.
Early 1800's buttons would be marked "Gilt".
Two piece buttons didn't exist until about the 1840s. Before this they were one piece.
My guess is both your buttons are 1900s.
Reply With Quote