Tips from 25 years detecting

that was so nice

I can really relate to the things you talked and the different things other people did
I had a terrible experience at one time also a friend had an old house on his property the old house was setting up on rocks it also had a old octagon porch all the way around the old house

I was offered to come over and metal detect around the old house he had also told me that in his garden he has always found coins in it and they had to come from somewhere this place was real old and out in a Spanish fort area and a large old home ....

I finally got time to load up my metal detector and drove out there I looked all around the garden that wasn't planted on and around the old house didn't find nothing but few nails not no pull tabs thou

I thanked him and he said to come back anytime I left in a month or so I finally got enough time to drive back to his house the old home was struck by lighting and had burnt totally to the ground he told me that I should have metal detected around the old house better he took me into the house and showed me as pyramid of silver money at the base probably 12 inches in diameter and probably a foot tall and beside the pile of silver was an old pistol the handles was burned off of it of course the barrel and rest of the old gun had lost its temper in the metal .....no telling how much of the old money was worth but he was going to have it checked and I never found out from him but I still have the offer to detect when I want but I lost the treasure for sure

Im new to detecting and i greatly appreciate this post! Thank you for sharing your knowledge and experience!

Back
Top Bottom