Chronicles of a Digaholic Part one

leslie(nova scotia)

Elite Member
Prologue

Recently I have reached out to a master of the blog, John Winters whom I greatly admire and respect with his insight to the hobby of metal detecting and research. I was thinking of a blog but found that I am rather naive at the formation of a blog. You can class me as one of the following; a person who detects and writes, a writer who likes to detect or a person who loves to detect and loves to write. Most folks nowadays seem geared to instant gratification and just look at the photos and press like such as on Facebook (noticed that on a grammar check Facebook has to be capitalized.)

Chronicles of a Digaholic : Pleasure, Pitfalls and Perles Part One Pleasure

Pleasure. Endorphins. Yes and in many forms. A young lad swinging a detector out to find a lost treasure. He matures. A hobby of nerds depicted by a young male with no friends, zits galore. But he feels one with his machine. The tone it emits dictates the next moment. Nonjudgmental. Just a sound. The thrill of finding out if this is a lost treasure or a carelessly discarded pull tab!

There are others! Weird machines that howl, beep or moan. Pleasure for there are others. Social networking old fashioned style with those who have the same goal, the same dream! Friendships are forged. A common bond. Once an outcast now a home is found with a smile. a curiosity and the proverbial question, "Whatz you find?" You are not a lone!

Maturity. The obligations that come with work, love and a family. Pleasure of another dimension. Stress a dreaded word. Swinging a detector....release, a moment of peace, moment of reclaiming the child in each of us out to find that childhood pirates treasure. Bottle cabs, pull tabs be damned. Life, not always fair but is all that we have...reach out and embrace it!

I always enjoy your writing, although I get stumped on some of the dialect. :lol:

Ok..I have trouble getting this. Do you metal detect ? Too much chronic or something ?

Back
Top Bottom