After Work Hunt Leads to Golden Honey and Some Silver!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Conditions calmed enough for me to ask my boss to leave a bit early so I could take an early plunge out at the beach. I headed just a bit before dismissal and was out in the water by 2:30 pm. I really thought that at about an hour into the hunt I had scored a gold in an area I had just found 2 greeny nickels in a row. I even thought I saw “575” when I took the ring out again for a close gander. Needless to say, I was a little disappointed when I got home and saw that “925” with my jeweler’s glasses. I was however pleasantly surprised that massive “junk” earring is actually marked “925”. (It weighs in at 11.4 grs.) And I can’t believe I got another 2 car fobs! That little jar of honey was just weird!! The real gold wasn’t in the scoop again, but it was fabulous to get a 5-hour hunt in after work on a nice-looking day. :good:

Attachments

• 4-30-21 Drive.jpg
    4-30-21 Drive.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 543
  • Screenshot_20210430-113947_Surfline.jpg
    Screenshot_20210430-113947_Surfline.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 557
  • 4-30-21.jpg
    4-30-21.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 551
  • 4-30-21 Rings.jpg
    4-30-21 Rings.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 550
  • 4-30-21 Honey.jpg
    4-30-21 Honey.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 542
  • 4-30-21 Glasses.jpg
    4-30-21 Glasses.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 542
Beautiful day out ! Do you dig about 80-90% of your targets , or do you disc much ?

Golden Honey

:wish: Gee let me get my Telescope out :laughing: , let me guess , you climbed a sky scrapper to get that distant shot of Girls on the beach :pullhair::surrender: so much for promoting your shade store, Ill tell all the girls' the designer shades are back ordered , all the guy's the speedo's are half price :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Beautiful day out ! Do you dig about 80-90% of your targets , or do you disc much ?
I dig at least 90%. I keep the Excal on AM most of the time. Missing from the pics are the PT's, bottle caps, pieces from the aluminum cans, etc. I have been wanting to add a PI to my arsenal since I sold my Sand Shark. I didn't pull the trigger on White's BHID waiting to see what would happen with Fisher's AQ and now that we know its capabilities White's is out of business. :roll:

Felix as always I am in awe of your hunts and finds. I was definitely expecting something other than actual honey. As I saw the first pic I thought briefly that maybe he means a tanned "honey" of some sort (very sexist use of the word "honey" by the way...but I was gonna let it slide...lol) Then I saw it....pretty funny. So I do have a water hunting question as I am finally getting in some....it's a clothing question....what material or brand of shorts/pants do you wear ....shirt too. Though, I figure you go shirtless with some of your best shades on display....don't know why I figure that...but it's probably not accurate. Anyways....advice on clothing ??

Felix as always I am in awe of your hunts and finds. I was definitely expecting something other than actual honey. As I saw the first pic I thought briefly that maybe he means a tanned "honey" of some sort (very sexist use of the word "honey" by the way...but I was gonna let it slide...lol) Then I saw it....pretty funny. So I do have a water hunting question as I am finally getting in some....it's a clothing question....what material or brand of shorts/pants do you wear ....shirt too. Though, I figure you go shirtless with some of your best shades on display....don't know why I figure that...but it's probably not accurate. Anyways....advice on clothing ??
"Dry-fit" material short-sleeve shirt for morning and late afternoons; a long-sleeve one for mid day. My current short sleeve shirt is an orange one (Under Armor) that I bought in 2011 for my first Camino hike in 2012 across Spain. It's faded on the proper side so I wear it inside out. It's stitched equally on both sides so it doesn't matter. It's my main detecting shirt. For shorts, I wear loose bathing suit type trunks with pockets in. (Dry-fit as well?) If you go that route, you need to cut out the bathing suit liner as it digs into the groin. The current one I have now has a small zippered compartment in the back and is fading out. VERY IMPORTANT! I wear dry-fit boxer briefs underneath to help prevent chafing. Shoes are Crocs. I have tried the dive booties and they just don't do it for me causing a lot of foot pain. Occasionally, I'll get underarm chafing that I can prevent by using runner's "Glide". I just forget to put it on.

What is it with Earl... I think he has been on a ship too long... he should leave his bunker sometime and go shopping you don't need to go to the beach to see skimpy dressed women.... :lol:

False advertising yet again from you :lol: Of course I was expecting yellow metal not plated over silver... maybe you can retire early with that score of $8.78 :lol:

Last edited:
"Dry-fit" material short-sleeve shirt for morning and late afternoons; a long-sleeve one for mid day. My current short sleeve shirt is an orange one (Under Armor) that I bought in 2011 for my first Camino hike in 2012 across Spain. It's faded on the proper side so I wear it inside out. It's stitched equally on both sides so it doesn't matter. It's my main detecting shirt. For shorts, I wear loose bathing suit type trunks with pockets in. (Dry-fit as well?) If you go that route, you need to cut out the bathing suit liner as it digs into the groin. The current one I have now has a small zippered compartment in the back and is fading out. VERY IMPORTANT! I wear dry-fit boxer briefs underneath to help prevent chafing. Shoes are Crocs. I have tried the dive booties and they just don't do it for me causing a lot of foot pain. Occasionally, I'll get underarm chafing that I can prevent by using runner's "Glide". I just forget to put it on.
Thanks Felix...I'm going to do some online shopping now ! I have some boots I've been trying out, Barts Bay Armor Wading Boots. Once I get some serious hours in them, I will give a review. I like them so far but there is just too much that I don't know yet.

Cfm-ct Reply

Keep stealing Kob lines , he has a Pat# on Bunkers , Ps Felix doesn't need gold , his sunglass hut is fully stocked , Fact Check that , however some how , he can't ship me any Ray Bans :laughing:

GOLDEN honey?? :lol: :laughing: I was looking frantically for the gold ring, earring, bracelet, etc., but HONEY? I am so disturbed by your choice of words! :foottap: But anyway, what are those long sticks that say "candy" and stuff? I find loads at my local park.

Josh

P.S. Great hunt!

GOLDEN honey?? :lol: :laughing: I was looking frantically for the gold ring, earring, bracelet, etc., but HONEY? I am so disturbed by your choice of words! :foottap: But anyway, what are those long sticks that say "candy" and stuff? I find loads at my local park.

Josh

P.S. Great hunt!
Vape pens

Back
Top Bottom