Did the FBI steal the Gold? Anyone know these guys?

ManInTheWaLL

Banned
Like I would tell you, so you can find the 500 mil
Anyone know anything about this?

Lost Civil War Gold Found? Treasure Hunting over the years has grown to be a high tech hobby for those who go after the big ones. A group of treasure hunters from Clearfield Pa. called Finders Keepers believe they have found one of the big ones. Dennis K Parada one of the owners of Finders Keepers believes they have found the Lost Civil War Gold shipment that went through northern Pa. during the battle of Gettysburg. It was in early June 1863 that the Union wagon train left Wheeling, West Va. with 52 bars of gold each weighing 50lb. The wagon train was to travel north east through Pa. to Ridgeway then head south east to Harrisburg. The wagon train made it to St. Marys, Pa and that was the last time it was seen. The wagons and dead solders were found later but not the gold.

Over the years many treasure hunters have looked for it. In 1975 I was given a map that show were the gold was hidden, so we went to the site in Elk Co. Pa. and found nothing and gave up. For 19 years I kept telling my friends about the lost gold hunt we were on and one of my friends ask me if I could still find the same site and this time check it out with the newest metal detectors. So in Nov. 04 we went to the site that was on the map and we started finding artifacts from the civil war period. We then notified the Department of Conservation and Natural Resources about what we found and they ask that we bring everything to them so they could send everything to the Museum Commission in Harrisburg. The Museum Commissions response was that there was no truth to the story about a Lost Civil War Gold shipment and everything we sent them wasnt even close to the age of the civil war period. But we had everything looked at by local experts before we sent everything to the state and some of the artifacts were from the 1860s and we found proof of the story to be true. So we were not going to give up and each time we returned to the site we found more evidence that proved our claim. We found a bullet shell, knifes, animal traps, zinc mason jar lid, tin cans, bones(human or animal), whiskey bottle, camp fire pit, and alot more that the state now has and wont return. They say that they dont have the time or the money to go treasure hunting but if we can show them the gold then they will look into it. They allso stated that if anyone digs on state land and remove artifacts they would go to jail and lose any rights to a reward. So we offered to pay all cost to dig and pay for a digging permit and they said no. Again we went back to the site with 3 high powered metal detectors and located a large metal object 8 feet to 10 feet under the fire pit. Again we notified the state and were turned down, the state said show us proof of gold. So we returned to the site with a GPL metal detector and we had 8 hits on iron and 2 on gold. If the gold bars were buried in iron boxes and they were now rusted open this would explain the readings. Again we took the new info to a state representative and the answer was show us the gold. We now believe the state wants us to dig the gold so they can take it away from us. We were told that if any gold was found it would belong to the Federal Gov. and Finders Keepers may get something but the state would get nothing.

We have alot of other classified information that also proves the gold is still there but the state still has not done anything. If this site is not the Lost Gold from the civil war then what did someone bury there before the 1860s camp fire was there. I spent over $8000 and many months checking this out and all we ask is that someone from the state comes to check it out.

Finders Keepers is a locate and recovery service for under ground metal artifacts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes this can of worms has been opened many a times on most treasure hunting or metal detecting websites. Try doing a search of the site with "dents run" as key words.

Surprised Tom_in_CA hasn't seen this thread yet, he seems to enjoy chiming in on these kind of treasure threads, just joking Tom ! :laughing:

Surprised Tom_in_CA hasn't seen this thread yet,...

Well thank you for drawing it to my attention GKL :laughing: I see others have already hinted that this is a can of worms . And yes, it's another bee-in-my-bonnet. It's gotten several people banned from T'net, because .... heaven forbid you 'diss Dennis' story, eh ? :roll:

Yes, this Dennis fellow is a joke. He chases a ghost-story legend (that never had any proof, other than the legend-itself, as proof-of-itself). Then waves his magic wand (dowsing rod) around his suspected zone. Announces he's "found" (past tense) a treasure.

Then he runs around for a few years banging on media outlet doors, begging for attention. Announcing he's "found" (past tense) this treasure. And banging on govt. official's doors for permission to dig the treasure, and split it with uncle Sam.

Meanwhile, at no time is there any doubt it in his mind that a treasure is there. It's merely a matter of overcoming govt. red-tape obstacles (digging on some sort of public land). And legal hurdles of how to split the treasure that he's "found". How to dig 20 meters deep through solid rock, blah blah blah

FINALLY, after years of creating his-own-smoke, he gets some govt. officials to come out and dig there. Naturally, nothing is there. So then the new chapter starts : Rather than "nothing being there", he decides that the government "stole" it. And runs around seeking media attention with this new story.

So this is the exact same psychology as the Oak Island nonsense : The fact of no treasure ever being found .... NEVER means: "There's no treasure". It ALWAYS only means : A little deeper. A little more to the right. Or someone already found it. Or someone stole it. BUT REST ASSURED THERE'S A TREASURE ! :roll:

Does anyone here remember his earlier "found treasure" story ? One that predates his Dents Run nonsense, was that he'd "found" (past tense) a treasure buried in the grave of a civil war soldier.

So he ran around seeking permission to dig up the grave (which was in some sort of CW monument park or whatever). Naturally, they tell him "No". Which then becomes ALL THE MORE PROOF of treasure being in that grave. After all, the sneaky government *must* be hiding something, if they say "no" to him. Eh ? :roll:

And if this prior story script is starting to sound a little familiar, .... yup, you guessed it. It's the same script as in : "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly" . The famous Spaghetti Western movie with Clint Eastwood. :laughing:

One more thing to point out : Has anyone here noticed how quickly so many people just assume the story is true ? Ie.: The mere fact that it comes up on forums , shows the psychology that we are all guilty of :

Whenever treasure assertions are posed, it's VERY VERY easy to believe them. Because no one wants to be laughed at all the way to the bank. Eh ? So we put skeptical critical logical thinking aside. And "hold out all hope". Lest we "miss out". :roll:

Let's be perfectly honest : Treasure legends are fun, eh ? Conspiracy theories are fun. Eh ? And since all of them are riddled with real names, dates and events, they *sound* so convincing. All ya gotta do is toss in a few faded newspaper clippings, and a drawing of a miner posed next to his burro, then add a treasure assertion, and PRESTO, it must be true. :shock:

In other words, none of them ever started with "Once upon a time". So instead you draw on real events, names, and dates, then add a treasure.

And no one ever asks "says who ??". Instead, just like Oak Island, they sit around debating ship travel routes, names of pirates, debating motives, debating how anyone could have the technology to dig 100 ft. deep, blah blah blah. AS IF THERE WAS ANY TREASURE IN THE FIRST PLACE ! Ie.: It doesn't MATTER if 99% of the story is true. If the 1% (the treasure part) isn't true, then what does it matter ? :roll:

But all this gets overlooked. Because it's much more fun to be spellbound. :roll:

One more thing to point out : Has anyone here noticed how quickly so many people just assume the story is true ? Ie.: The mere fact that it comes up on forums , shows the psychology that we are all guilty of :

Whenever treasure assertions are posed, it's VERY VERY easy to believe them. Because no one wants to be laughed at all the way to the bank. Eh ? So we put skeptical critical logical thinking aside. And "hold out all hope". Lest we "miss out". :roll:

Let's be perfectly honest : Treasure legends are fun, eh ? Conspiracy theories are fun. Eh ? And since all of them are riddled with real names, dates and events, they *sound* so convincing. All ya gotta do is toss in a few faded newspaper clippings, and a drawing of a miner posed next to his burro, then add a treasure assertion, and PRESTO, it must be true. :shock:

In other words, none of them ever started with "Once upon a time". So instead you draw on real events, names, and dates, then add a treasure.

And no one ever asks "says who ??". Instead, just like Oak Island, they sit around debating ship travel routes, names of pirates, debating motives, debating how anyone could have the technology to dig 100 ft. deep, blah blah blah. AS IF THERE WAS ANY TREASURE IN THE FIRST PLACE ! Ie.: It doesn't MATTER if 99% of the story is true. If the 1% (the treasure part) isn't true, then what does it matter ? :roll:

But all this gets overlooked. Because it's much more fun to be spellbound. :roll:

Kinda reminds me of religion.

The part that caught my attention was "He claimed someone gave him a map to the site". Hmmmm, just the fact someone had a map, I find unlikely. #2, would you just give a map to someone that shows you where $500 million in Gold is?.

I appreciate your pragmatic view. As you stated, all claims are coming from him. Although I don't think it would be hard to dig up federal court records, to prove or disprove some of his claims that are suppose to be documented in court records.

Do you know anyone else who has looked at this from an unbiased view to see how much truth there is to the whole story?

Just a thought to consider:

IF someone did find a treasure worth that much, they likely might not publicize it and maybe have many many salespeople and telemarketers contacting them trying to sell them stuff :laughing:

I don't know of this particular story but as far as the Oak Island drama. I was pretty sure when it started it was all hype for a good show. I watched the first season of it and saw I was right and that it was reality TV at it's best. I think a year or so ago I happened across it again and saw it was more of the same. A few different faces in the game with more detailed stories that were created for the interest factor. I know a guy that watches it religiously and says they keep finding bits and pieces so the treasures HAVE to be there. I tell him no........The only thing that HAS to be there is B.S. because that's all there IS there.

Kinda reminds me of religion. ...

Except that a more plausible case can be made for God's existence, than Dennis can make for his treasure's existence.

Do you know anyone else who has looked at this from an unbiased view to see how much truth there is to the whole story?

The burden-of-proof is not on others to DISPROVE it. The burden of proof is on the claimant to prove it. :roll: Don't get sucked into their efforts to reverse the burden of proof to the skeptics.

*Tom quotes*

Whatever, Tom. you know you were paid off by the FBI guys to counter the story.

You can't prove you're not involved. You know how I know? Every Dennis story that comes up, THERE YOU ARE. If that's not proof that there was a treasure that YOU are hiding (or colluded to hide with the FBI guys), I don't know what is.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Whatever, Tom. you know you were paid off by the FBI guys to counter the story.

You can't prove you're not involved. You know how I know? Every Dennis story that comes up, THERE YOU ARE. If that's not proof that there was a treasure that YOU are hiding (or colluded to hide with the FBI guys), I don't know what is.

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

:laughing:

Maybe something like these ? :laughing:

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3381736#post3381736

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3381743#post3381743

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3381747#post3381747

https://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?p=3383788#post3383788

.....Tom knows I'm joking and he enjoys the humor himself ! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Just a thought to consider:

IF someone did find a treasure worth that much, they likely might not publicize it ....

Well OF COURSE ! It's not as if these fabled treasures aren't being found left & right. It's just that the finders are too shy to post their show & tell. Or afraid of the tax implications. Or afraid that thieves will target their house. But rest-assured: They're being found all the time. Eh ?

So, ironically, the less we see any proof, is ALL THE MORE PROOF. See the vicious circle ?? :roll:

Whatever, Tom. you know you were paid off by the FBI guys to counter the story. ...

Yes. I am a shill, sent here by the government, to dissuade the rest of you from finding the caves that are filled with gold bars stacked to the ceiling. How did you know ? What gave it away ? My accent ? :?:

Well OF COURSE ! It's not as if these fabled treasures aren't being found left & right. It's just that the finders are too shy to post their show & tell. Or afraid of the tax implications. Or afraid that thieves will target their house. But rest-assured: They're being found all the time. Eh ?

So, ironically, the less we see any proof, is ALL THE MORE PROOF. See the vicious circle ?? :roll:

......it's surprising how some big sweepstakes winners will allow publicity of how much they won :shock: :lol:
Yes. I am a shill, sent here by the government, to dissuade the rest of you from finding the caves that are filled with gold bars stacked to the ceiling. How did you know ? What gave it away ? My accent ? :?:

......you mean there are no actual pics of Tom with the found treasure :?:______ :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Toms_big_treasure_find2a.jpg

I don't know of this particular story but as far as the Oak Island drama. I was pretty sure when it started it was all hype for a good show. I watched the first season of it and saw I was right and that it was reality TV at it's best. I think a year or so ago I happened across it again and saw it was more of the same. A few different faces in the game with more detailed stories that were created for the interest factor. I know a guy that watches it religiously and says they keep finding bits and pieces so the treasures HAVE to be there. I tell him no........The only thing that HAS to be there is B.S. because that's all there IS there.

I used to watch and enjoy Oak Island....I would have been gobsmacked if they ever found anything substantial, but enjoyed watching the search itself, the big machinery and engineering used, not to mention the technology that has been brought in at various points There does seem to be some genuine historic bits and pieces unearthed from time to time, although they are along way from being treasure...

I also enjoyed listening too (and having a chuckle at) the various theories, some very outlandish, that were put forward...

A lot has obviously gone on on the island in the past, and the swamp does seem to be man made so I would love to read a genuine history of the Island, a history supported by main stream Archaeologists/historians...

All that said, this last series has gotten very tedious, and I am struggling to get enthused watching Gary get excited about a bit of cut wood or an old iron spike....

.... get excited about a bit of cut wood or an old iron spike....

Then gee, if that is proof of a fabulous treasure, then : I must have a treasure in my backyard too then. There is no doubt a spike, some wood, etc.... there. Who woulda-thunk-it ?? :?:

LOL! I remember the old "In Search of" series regarding Oak Island. As a young kid I believed something was still buried there. Decades later the current show came out and thought it was hilarious. How deep have they gone? How deep could pirates or whomever have gone a couple hundred years ago. The treasure is getting Hollywood money to produce a nothing show.

I grew up in Upstate NY. There was a story about gangster Dutch Shultz (I'm sure most on here have heard about) leaving a buried treasure in the town next door to where i grew up. Every now and then someone would come in from out of town to try and persuade a land owner to dig up their land with a backhoe. There was even an old prospector that lived in the area that looked like he came from the 1800's. He didn't have a car and would be seen walking the highway from time to time. Ah memories.

Back
Top Bottom