Natural Copper and Silver

yooper69

Elite Member
IMG_2753_resized.jpg

IMG_2753.jpg
Found detecting a dirt road. Up here they crush mine rock for gravel roads or to make roads for logging. Not found by me but a friend.

:shock: that is truly awesome. What's the base rock?

Jeff, I'm only answering your post because Yooper is not been feeling well of late. He is by far much more knowledgeable about the rocks of the U.P.. Any way the bass of that Specimen is Copper and the outcroppings are Silver. This is a fantastic example. They are known as Half Breeds and only found in the U.P. Some of them can be very valuable. Trapper

Just an outstanding example of the beauty of nature. That would humble the most gifted artist. Thanks for sharing , Mark

Jeff, I'm only answering your post because Yooper is not been feeling well of late. He is by far much more knowledgeable about the rocks of the U.P.. Any way the bass of that Specimen is Copper and the outcroppings are Silver. This is a fantastic example. They are known as Half Breeds and only found in the U.P. Some of them can be very valuable. Trapper

Thank you Trapper - amazing find. I hope Yooper feels better asap.

Beautiful specimen! I have seen far uglier ones that go for quite a bit of money!

That is cool. Does the natural copper come out of the ground looking like that or is is green?

The green patina is the norm on copper although there may have some varied colors depending on ore content. This piece I would guess has been exquisitely cleaned and is nothing short of spectacular in appearance. Trapper

Back
Top Bottom