Silver today

ohiochris

Elite Member
The weather is hot and the ground is hard but the NOX picked a couple more silvers out today. These were a little shallower than the last ones I found but they were surrounded by trash. They were about 6 inches deep , in a layer of gravel , but I might have missed both of them if I wasnt working the detector slowly and listening to the changes in tone ( 50 tone ) between them and the trash around them. 1943 Merc and a stander with the date worn off

Attachments

• 20180711_145052[1].jpg
    20180711_145052[1].jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 374
  • 20180711_145140[1].jpg
    20180711_145140[1].jpg
    43 KB · Views: 362
Nice work. Congrats on the silver, especially that Stander! Too dang hot here lately.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hey neighbor. Congratulations on the standing liberty it's been many many years since I found one of those. Nice job!

I am thinking of upgrading metal detectors by fall. It will either be AT Max or an equinox had not made up my mind. I do know someone who has the Max and seems to do very well. Not sure which one still debating on all the bells whistles in the learning curve.

Thanks everybody. Im hoping there is still plenty of silver there. Its been hunted hard for decades by myself and others but it takes a detector with outstanding target separation to clean up whats been left behind.

Hey neighbor. Congratulations on the standing liberty it's been many many years since I found one of those. Nice job!

I am thinking of upgrading metal detectors by fall. It will either be AT Max or an equinox had not made up my mind. I do know someone who has the Max and seems to do very well. Not sure which one still debating on all the bells whistles in the learning curve.

Howdy neighbor !

I will not say anything bad about the AT max , only that Im glad I held out for the equinox. There is somewhat of a learning curve but Im finding its worth it. Its not as easy to use but once you start to click with it , its not that difficult either.....just pretty different from the Garretts. I dont think Garrett makes a detector that can match the retune speed and target separation.

Cool finds. It's funny, I'm still new to the hobby, but my first silver came in a big old field about two months ago and it was a slick standing liberty nearly identical to the one that pulled there. A little bit later, I found a 41 Merc only a few feet away.

Just about as close to a smoothie as you can get but any stander is an awesome save Congrats

Looks kinda like the SLQ could be the bare breasted one....1916-1917 because the shape of the right breast is still there. But kinda hard to be sure.

Looks kinda like the SLQ could be the bare breasted one....1916-1917 because the shape of the right breast is still there. But kinda hard to be sure.

On second thought , looking at a comparison......the hair on the SLQ more closely resembles the chainmail variety , not the bare breasted

Attachments

• index.jpg
    index.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 195
Back
Top Bottom