Wichita Falls, TX

you ever want to go detecting send me a mesage

I go all the time and i live in wichita falls to you ever want to go mesage me

We will be moving to Wichita Falls in Oct...
Will be MD with my grandkids & looking for good spots such as Lake Wichita & city parks...
Not sure of the rules or laws in these places...
Maybe we can get together for a hunt...
Bob

new to area

Im new to area and have a new machine in the mail, looking for someone who knows the area. Pm me if interested

detecting in w.f.

Hey I'm 12 and just started detecting in Wichita Falls. Haven't found anything yet, where do you guys find stuff? Thanks!

Club

There's a gold hunting club here.. I haven't made it to any meetings yet. they have a site not sure if they have any Md guys pretty sure they do though

I hunted Sheppard AFB around 1989. Used to be a small park across from the Airman's club that was very rewarding. I was back in the area around 2011, old club is long gone as is the park.

Wichita falls

Welcome to the forum. Did my first phase of hospital lab school there. 1987

I found a few silvers and a host of other stuff under this jet. Untold class pictures and was a prime meeting spot in the early 1980's. Targets were very deep, grass was very thick. The median across the street was even more rewarding. I would suggest a weekend, early Sunday during the holidays when most folks are on holiday.

SAFB Dorm.11.JPG

New to MD. Looking for an adventure near by.

Me and my husband have very recently started MD. We're trying to find any places around that would be good besides our front yards. We can't seem to be able to find out what parks or areas we can or cannot MD at.

.... We can't seem to be able to find out what parks or areas we can or cannot MD at.

Have you checked the city park's dept. website, for their park rules ? In today's world, there's hardly a city around anymore that doesn't have a website, and their municipal code, park rules, etc.... on-line. And the key-word search works great; Just type in "metal" and/or "detector", etc.... If you look it up, and don't see anything that says "no metal detecting", then presto: It's not prohibited.

There need not be express "allowance". Anymore so than you'd think there has to be an express "frisbee flying allowed here" law.

Naturally use due discretion, pick low-traffic times, avoid busy-body lookie-lou gripers, etc... Because detecting has connotations afterall. Ie.: don't go waltzing over beach blankets, or carrying shovels around bored archies or gardeners, etc....

Wichita falls tx 76306

Hey dson't forget me I'm in Wichita falls also love the sport and used to hunt lots more. I have good spots we can go I went last Sunday the place I went is about all old the school isn't there anymore but the marker says 1902 to 1952 I believe you hunted one yard you can drop your digger and I will go 2 inches into the sod. Found one penny (new) but was an old church on a corner lot that a lot of silver in it it is gone now it's been about 20 or so years since I found it
I work at the Ford house here in Wichita falls tx ask for Larry the old man ......good hunting

im your man

call me at 940 224 9272 Larry I have lived in Wichita falls for 40 years now ...was born and reared in Duncan Oklahoma

I will try to help ya if possible

Thanks give me his phone nr ill call him

Nice to meet ya NoNeck. Welcome to the forum. I'm a long way from Wichita Falls but i have a good friend that lives there. He is a local musician and music critic for several publications. Don Chance is his name. Don't know if you ever heard of him. Take care.
i live here in Wichita Falls also i play guitar but dont know Don Chance might be fun to play together and i love metal detecting........ my phone nr is 940 224 9272 Thanks again

Last edited:
I moved from Vernon when I retired last August. Wife and I are staying with her dad after he had quadruple by-pass. We're SE of Memorial Stadium. Bummer that the parks and schools are off limits. Discouraging, since I don't really know anybody here. Guess I'll have to start looking in the nearby towns like Carl. Keep in touch.
I live here also and i have hunted about all of this town and havent been run off yet.
love to hunt thou also burk, henrietta,bowie my nr is 940 224 9272 call if ya want Larry

need detecting partner

guess you dont need one very bad ive answered here sent my phone and all and you havent called.....the park here isnt off limits i have hunted them for years with no problem.......around houses yes get permission if possible.....i have never been scolded give them the respect they deserve if they catch ya had one person show up and told me to make sure no holes which he found none he said go ahead and hunt but this is the last time ......

Back
Top Bottom