6 Rings in 2 Days with Silver & Gold!!!! (Pic Heavy)

Saltshaker

Forum Supporter
Well I hope everyone is staying safe out there. Its been a while since I have been able share some finds here and fortunately I was able to go to one of my favorite spots to hunt recently and finally a nice cut emerged.

The weather has been rough lately but I took out the trusty Modified Excal with the 8" coil and I fought through the waves over the past few days and I was able to pull some old goodies.

I dont get out that much so these are all a first for me for 2020. When I walked into the water, I was fortunate this time to find a new cut and it didnt take long to pull a bunch of coins including a couple Wheaties, a lead toy which looks like a guy holding a metal detector but it's really a spoon. Ironically I seem to find a lot of spoons in this spot but along with those, I pulled my first 3 rings of the year. All of which turned out to be silver!

After the last round, I was pretty happy and motivated to check out the new cut again so today I went back out there...still rough and conditions had changed a bit but I hunted the same spot and this time I struck some old gold!
Not to mention, I found 2 Mercs, another Wheatie, junk medallion and a junker.
The two gold rings are class rings and both are 10K. One is so worn, I have no idea what year it's from but its probably 40's or older. The other class ring is from 1932 and had initials in it. But the face is worn as well so I'm trying to trace that now.

There were some other odds and ends in there and overall it has been fun. I hope to get back this week, there's still more out there for sure.
Again, hope you are all being safe and healthy....Here's some pics of my finds all cleaned up for your viewing pleasure :) Enjoy.

Attachments

• pic1.jpg
    pic1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 735
  • pic2.jpg
    pic2.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 750
  • pic3.jpg
    pic3.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 718
  • pic4.jpg
    pic4.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 744
  • pic5.jpg
    pic5.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 721
  • pic10.jpg
    pic10.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 708
  • pic9.jpg
    pic9.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 678
  • pic8.jpg
    pic8.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 697
  • pic7.jpg
    pic7.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 684
  • pic6.jpg
    pic6.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 686
:dingding: That's an amazing assortment of great finds! :wow: Kudos buddy that's a couple of hunts you won't forget.

Finally some nice beach finds, with all the beach restrictions it's been quiet on here. AWESOME hunt, silvers, golds, old coins. Hats off to you!

I like it all, but I think the 40% Kennedy is my favorite, surprisingly tough to find in the wild... the worn class ring IMO looks like 1926 or 1928. Congrats!

DAAAAANG!!! That looks like hunts I used to have, no cuts around here lately though and nobody allowed on the beach anymore! MAN CONGRATS!!!! Fantastic stuff!!

what a great couple of hunts. Lots of old stuff. beaches are shut down around here so it's great to see someone out there.

That's not a spoon he's holding, it's a scoop:lol: Congrats on the old gold rings, the sterling rings, the silvers, especially the Kennedy...and all the rest. A couple of excellent hunts!

That's some fine hunting there. What a pile of goodies. Congrats. Your guy looks to be holding a small ladle, he looks to be a blacksmith I would say. Cool find, never saw one before. Great collection of rings, you got more in those 2 hunts than I find all year. And attaboy on the shiny especially the 40% 'r half, don't see many of those either. Is that one spoon sterling ? good luck, Mark

That's some fine hunting there. What a pile of goodies. Congrats. Your guy looks to be holding a small ladle, he looks to be a blacksmith I would say. Cool find, never saw one before. Great collection of rings, you got more in those 2 hunts than I find all year. And attaboy on the shiny especially the 40% 'r half, don't see many of those either. Is that one fancy spoon sterling ? good luck, Mark

I know you enjoyed those two hunts, I love the oldies. Can't wait to see what you pull from that spot next trip. Congrats

Wtg

Outstanding!!!! You braved the rough seas and were rewarded. Those were two dream hunts, at least for me. I had to pick up a friend at LAX and planned on going to the beach, but it is closed here too:(. I did manage two silver dimes in parkways instead. Congrates, and I too like the 40%er, not to mention the GOLD.
HHeveryone

That is a couple Killer days out in my book! Wow, Love all! ..:thumbsup:

The class ring on the left is Old! I would say the early 20's or older... I have a few similar and each is from the very early 1900's.

Attachments

• OBN-0007.jpg
    OBN-0007.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom