First outing with my Simplex+

radlsneak

My kids and I were up in gold country California just sweeping the banks of the American river when we a nice hit. We’re really new to this so we dig every hit we get. Well instead of finding a huge nugget we found buried in about 3 inches of gravel and rocks, we found a drone!
1ae4cd568948c2189d1a8d881e8c6889.jpg

30f642c739ad04f93458421d35a727da.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it has a camera , should have a chip in it , you may be able to get it back to it's owner.

Welcome from Michigan and nice find! Looks like it probably won't be flying again anytime soon, be interesting to see if there is any footage on the SD card if it isn't ruined.

It does have a micro SD card in it. The slot is pretty caked with sand though. We’re going to try getting it out this weekend and see if it’s still readable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It does have a micro SD card in it. The slot is pretty caked with sand though. We’re going to try getting it out this weekend and see if it’s still readable...

What was the result of that ?

I found and was able to return a go-pro once. Was able to return it to a happy owner, who tipped me nicely. So let us know how the SD card goes.

Although, .... being a drone .... perhaps it will not have anything revealing enough to track an owner. Ie.: Not like cameras or go-pro where you're likely to be looking at PEOPLE. But a drone ..... probably just aerial shots. Doh !

Be careful with those cards, years ago I read one I found and infected my camera and laptop, pretty much rendered them worthless.

See if you can find the serial number someplace and send an email to DJI. It's got to be registered and they might be able to contact the owner.

Back
Top Bottom