A first for December.

metaladdict

Elite Member
I was detecting in the sunshine at about 58? Degrees near a tree and can you believe it a one foot garter snake slithered. I picked him up and let him go. Sorry no pics😐
Also in the same spot ran a fence lizard!
I guess global warming is real.:roll:

Five years ago or so here in Michigan on Christmas Eve temps were low 60’s. I was detecting a lakefront park and jet skiers were on the water!

I guess global warming is real.:roll:

Global what? How do you think they come up with an average temperature for any given date...they average the recorded high and the low for that date. And we have not been doing that to any extent until the past 150 years. Also world temp in the past has been very biased toward land temperatures, as there were few if any weather stations on the oceans, which occupy 75% of the earth's surface. But they never tell the public about such things! As you can tell KT is skeptical about such political ravings. And you have it wrong now....it is not global warming, it is climate change!

As a geologist who has studied the geologic past, climate change is a normal thing over the past millions of years. Why in just the past 10,000 years we have seen a general warming trend in the world's climate. What do you think brought us out of the Ice Ages? :laughing::laughing:

I know you were just teasing, but......for those people who think there is something abnormal about climate fluctuation, those are who I am talking to.

OK, KT is jumping off His Royal Soap Box now! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Global what? How do you think they come up with an average temperature for any given date...they average the recorded high and the low for that date. And we have not been doing that to any extent until the past 150 years. Also world temp in the past has been very biased toward land temperatures, as there were few if any weather stations on the oceans, which occupy 75% of the earth's surface. But they never tell the public about such things! As you can tell KT is skeptical about such political ravings. And you have it wrong now....it is not global warming, it is climate change!

As a geologist who has studied the geologic past, climate change is a normal thing over the past millions of years. Why in just the past 10,000 years we have seen a general warming trend in the world's climate. What do you think brought us out of the Ice Ages? :laughing::laughing:

I know you were just teasing, but......for those people who think there is something abnormal about climate fluctuation, those are who I am talking to.

With billions of taxpayer dollars ready for the taking and a sensationalized 24 hour news cycle, with its sole purpose being to sell 30 second commercial spots, anything can be real!

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OK, KT is jumping off His Royal Soap Box now! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

What you said!

Winter is alive and well

As I read your post, I am sitting here watching the snow pile up outside in Connecticut. Lows in the 20's tonight. Weather forecast for Sunday here is high near 60.

It was in the mid 20's when I woke up this morning, Saturday is supposed to get into the mid 60's. Climate change right? Even if such a thing does exist wouldn't that lead to longer growing/detecting seasons? Bring it on, less shoveling in the winter for me. Based off the 70's political science I thought we were supposed to be in another Ice Age by now?

It was in the mid 20's when I woke up this morning, Saturday is supposed to get into the mid 60's. Climate change right? Even if such a thing does exist wouldn't that lead to longer growing/detecting seasons? Bring it on, less shoveling in the winter for me. Based off the 70's political science I thought we were supposed to be in another Ice Age by now?

Yep, the problem is really that they can not seem to make up their minds as to what it is doing! Ha ha. Just like politicians!:laughing:

Just like politicians they can't tell the truth because they don't know the truth or they just lie about it to further their point.
"gene"

Back
Top Bottom