Did the FBI steal the Gold? Anyone know these guys?

All I keep wondering is how Chester Copperpot felt being so close to One-Eyed Willy’s treasure.

giphy.gif

best post of the thread. :)

I'll admit, I like the show. That being said, they really struggled for interesting content this year...
I have it on the TV in the background now, and agree things have got pretty dire..

I think the permit restrictions have really hampered what work they have been able to carry out and where..if the Government carries on enforcing these restrictions, I can see the TV networks pulling the plug on the show as audience numbers dwindle away...

Still, it is the show that directly inspired me to get into metal detecting just over three years ago, so something good has come of it, for me anyway.....

..... I think the permit restrictions have really hampered what work they have been able to carry out and where..if the Government carries on enforcing these restrictions,..........

AAaaahhh, so it's not there's not a fabulous treasure there. If no treasure turns up, It will ONLY be because there's govt. red tape bureaucracy that stopped them getting it. But rest assured, it's there.

Durned that government. after all ! :mad: They either steal it (when we're not looking at night), or they create too many hurdles for us to jump through. But rest assured : Fabulous treasures !

(I'm just yankin' yer chain Pete ! :laughing: )

AAaaahhh, so it's not there's not a fabulous treasure there. If no treasure turns up, It will ONLY be because there's govt. red tape bureaucracy that stopped them getting it. But rest assured, it's there.

Durned that government. after all ! :mad: They either steal it (when we're not looking at night), or they create too many hurdles for us to jump through. But rest assured : Fabulous treasures !

(I'm just yankin' yer chain Pete ! :laughing: )

I know Tom! I have a hide like a Rhino skin so such jibes just bounce off harmlessly! 😉

When i bought my first detector (a Racer 2) it arrived just before we were going away for the week to a cabin near the coast...I took the machine out on a local beach a couple times but did not really know how to use it, and was bored stupid after about twenty minutes of finding !!!! and small change...

I waited until I returned home and rang a farmer friend who gave me permission on his land..This is a small sheep farm in the hills of North Wales with no particular historical significance...But after reading up on the machine and understanding it a bit more, this was my first proper outing on land...

I walked onto a small field, and within 20 yards had a good signal...I dug down and unearthed a very thin silver coin...it looked old and I knew it was "special" but being completely green, I had no real clue what it was...I rang my other half to to tell her I found "something" and was litterally shaking as I spoke...My other half was struggling to make sense of my gibberish until I eventually said it was better than anything we had seen on Oak Island..

That coin turned out to be a silver hammered Henry VI groat, minted in Calais around 1425...To say I was hooked on the hobby was an understatement....it took me many months and a lot of hours of searching to find my next hammered, and that was in the field next door so they are not exactly common where I am..Still, nothing like a bit of beginners luck! And I still hate beach detecting! lol

Attachments

• IMG_20200730_001601016.jpg
    IMG_20200730_001601016.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20200720_011843661.jpg
    IMG_20200720_011843661.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 132
Last edited:
Congratulations on your find

I know Tom! I have a hide like a Rhino skin so such jibes just bounce off harmlessly! 😉

When i bought my first detector (a Racer 2) it arrived just before we were going away for the week to a cabin near the coast...I took the machine out on a local beach a couple times but did not really know how to use it, and was bored stupid after about twenty minutes of finding !!!! and small change...

I waited until I returned home and rang a farmer friend who gave me permission on his land..This is a small sheep farm in the hills of North Wales with no particular historical significance...But after reading up on the machine and understanding it a bit more, this was my first proper outing on land...

I walked onto a small field, and within 20 yards had a good signal...I dug down and unearthed a very thin silver coin...it looked old and I knew it was "special" but being completely green, I had no real clue what it was...I rang my other half to to tell her I found "something" and was litterally shaking as I spoke...My other half was struggling to make sense of my gibberish until I eventually said it was better than anything we had seen on Oak Island..

That coin turned out to be a silver hammered Henry VI groat, minted in Calais around 1425...To say I was hooked on the hobby was an understatement....it took me many months and a lot of hours of searching to find my next hammered, and that was in the field next door so they are not exactly common where I am..Still, nothing like a bit of beginners luck! And I still hate beach detecting! lol

Bet a find like that will make Tom-in -CA jealous especially finding it so early in your detecting time.

Bet a find like that will make Tom-in -CA jealous especially finding it so early in your detecting time.

I have had many, many outings since where the most exciting finds were almost blank Georgian coppers, bits of white lead and moo tubes..

In other parts of the UK, notably the south and south east, people will find more hammered or Roman coins in one or two outings than I will in a year, and I will have put in a lot of hours/miles over that year too...

I have had many, many outings since where the most exciting finds were almost blank Georgian coppers, bits of white lead and moo tubes..

In other parts of the UK, notably the south and south east, people will find more hammered or Roman coins in one or two outings than I will in a year, and I will have put in a lot of hours/miles over that year too...

Hard to top a find like that , so much history in your part of the world, should post that in this as well https://metaldetectingforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12

Ive read through 11 pages and it's clear the FBI wants you to *believe* it was Confederate War gold, but in reality it was probably a giant lead sarcophagus containing a master vampire that was put there by none other than Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter...

... it's clear the FBI wants you to *believe* it was Confederate War gold, but in reality it was probably a giant lead sarcophagus containing a master vampire that was put there by none other than Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter...

I KNEW IT !! Durned those sneaky FBI people after all !! :mad:

Yup. Following the usual playbook. :roll:

Like usual, these start off with "found" (past tense) in the salacious title claims. And the moment I saw that title, I ALREADY GUESSED that nothing was "found". That this was going to be yet-another-case of someone who's narrowed a fabulous treasure down to a certain swamp, or cave, or lake-bottom, or valley, etc.... And that now it's only a matter of overcoming govt. red-tape obstacles. Digging to insane depths, etc...

But rest assured : They've "found" (past tense) a fabulous treasure. Yup. Exactly by the playbook. :roll:

Other playbook features :

1) booby traps (or fear of them)

2) tips of icebergs (strange rocks, a signal from a GPR, a lone coin, blah blah)

3) a Mysterious conspiracy fraternal or religious group (you can substitute freemasons, knights templars, Rothschild, nazi cults, etc....)

4) Insane amounts of treasure (4 tons of gold, at current spot, is ~ $243 million worth)

And on and on the yarn goes. At any point, it could trade places with O.I. and D.R. on any point-of-detail.

Yup. Following the usual playbook. :roll:

Like usual, these start off with "found" (past tense) in the salacious title claims. And the moment I saw that title, I ALREADY GUESSED that nothing was "found". That this was going to be yet-another-case of someone who's narrowed a fabulous treasure down to a certain swamp, or cave, or lake-bottom, or valley, etc.... And that now it's only a matter of overcoming govt. red-tape obstacles. Digging to insane depths, etc...

But rest assured : They've "found" (past tense) a fabulous treasure. Yup. Exactly by the playbook. :roll:

Other playbook features :

1) booby traps (or fear of them)

2) tips of icebergs (strange rocks, a signal from a GPR, a lone coin, blah blah)

3) a Mysterious conspiracy fraternal or religious group (you can substitute freemasons, knights templars, Rothschild, nazi cults, etc....)

4) Insane amounts of treasure (4 tons of gold, at current spot, is ~ $243 million worth)

And on and on the yarn goes. At any point, it could trade places with O.I. and D.R. on any point-of-detail.

Just knew tom would love that story :laughing: It has everything , pictures , old records , great back story , Will be watching for up dates, love WW2 treasure stories, so much was looted and never reported being found . Is it still out there waiting , the only one sure is Tom.:laughing::laughing:

I happen to think there are WW2 German gold and art treasure still to be found. In fact art treasures are discovered fairly frequently.

In this particular case though I have to agree with Tom..As soon as they declare the treasure has been "found" without actually producing it, or at least producing photos of it in place, their "credibility" just takes a huge hit in my opinion...

At this point, it's just as likely they have located a massive UXB as a container full of gold...

I happen to think there are WW2 German gold and art treasure still to be found. In fact art treasures are discovered fairly frequently.

In this particular case though I have to agree with Tom..As soon as they declare the treasure has been "found" without actually producing it, or at least producing photos of it in place, their "credibility" just takes a huge hit in my opinion...

At this point, it's just as likely they have located a massive UXB as a container full of gold...

Good article on some of the German treasure recovered and what was not you might like https://historyofyesterday.com/what-happened-to-the-nazi-national-treasure-881cad469704 should be good for some discussions , and a lot of poo-pooing by Tom :laughing:

Josh Gates season premiere is about Nazi gold??? Just maybe somebody found something

Josh Gates season premiere is about Nazi gold??? Just maybe somebody found something

If it's got Josh Gates in it, then rest assured: Nobody's going to "find anything"

Good article on some of the German treasure recovered and what was not you might like https://historyofyesterday.com/what-happened-to-the-nazi-national-treasure-881cad469704 should be good for some discussions , and a lot of poo-pooing by Tom :laughing:

Past tense treasures "found" (Eg.: Atocha, etc....) do not necessarily mean: "Therefore all proposed asserted futures treasure claims are therefore true".

It does not logically follow.

Back
Top Bottom