134 Wheats and....

Cfmct

Administrator
Admin
Forum Supporter
I'm just about finished with my permission until fall... I had a lot of fun digging everything that I did from relics to silver... I finished with 20 silver, 12 IH pennies, 10 buffalo nickels, 1 V nickel and my favorite finds 6 dog licences from 1911 to 1927 I only have 6 pictured because I misplaced one somewhere...

The front yard was all fill, the side yard was fill, the back close to the house most of relics came from and most of silver came from the way back where I believe they moved the old soil to. There is a bottle dump and along the stone walls to hunt but will wait as I said until fall... I have many other permissions I can hunt...

A friend of mine who hunts with a Deus and Nox brought them to my permission... he hunted with the NOX for several hours in the spots I hunted with my MXT... he found 1 button and 2 wheats which tells me the MXT can and does hold its own against it... I have been going back and forth in my mind about trying a NOX but I think I will pass on one... I don't like that the numbers jump around so much on it.. it is fooled by small iron just like any detector can be... I did like that it was nose heavy because I am a scrubber with my coil...

Attachments

• IMG_0446.jpg
    IMG_0446.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 1,008
  • IMG_0444.jpg
    IMG_0444.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 1,021
  • IMG_0441.jpg
    IMG_0441.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 997
  • IMG_0440.jpg
    IMG_0440.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 1,028
  • IMG_0447.jpg
    IMG_0447.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 984
Nice photo layout. Those kind of sites, where you can "choose old coins at will", doesn't come around that often :cool:

Awesome post! This is a good showing of what can be found in one of those great places we all love to detect. As much as I love the old coins, I think my favorite shot is the one with the toys, buttons, and other cool stuff.

Nice photo layout. Those kind of sites, where you can "choose old coins at will", doesn't come around that often :cool:

Thanks Tom... my Iphone usually posts everything upside down or sideways :lol:

:wow2: Congrats on the finds! That is one amazing permission! :woot:

Thanks Princess...

The person who lived there in the time frame was a famous artist... I know he had dogs because descendants of the family are still alive and in the area..

Great finds! Looks like the MXT is treating you very well! Nice job

Thanks Tom... I have had quite a few dirt machines but I always go back to the MXT... I only hunt private property and stay away from parks because the MXT loves those bottle caps this permission no bottle caps and only 1 pull tab.

That's a solid haul, well done. My brother has an MXT and I was pleasantly surprised by it the time I used it. I have an Equinox, and more and more I'm moving right back to my F75.

Thanks Chris... Its a good detector it take time to learn what it can do and I love it..

All that from one house??? That’s insane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Coin... yes everything from 1 property and honestly I was only hunting a small area in the back yard because everything else was scraped and fill added my guess it was done in the early 1900's many of the wheats are from 1910 to 1920's... there was a workshop foundation from the owner of the property but they used the cellar hole for a pool... nothing in that part of yard either... 95% of wheats were in a area 20x30 they were deep around 9 inches the silver was anywhere from 4 to 7 inches deep but it was in undisturbed soil where as the wheats were in screened topsoil...

Wow, what a haul! :wow: They must've been really careless with their money! :lol:

Thanks Sand... yeah I guess they let the kids play with pennies :D

...Congrats on that amazing permission!

Thanks Twizzler...

Awesome post! This is a good showing of what can be found in one of those great places we all love to detect. As much as I love the old coins, I think my favorite shot is the one with the toys, buttons, and other cool stuff.

Thanks Foragist.. I agree with you.. I love relics and hunt in the relic mode.. I never use coin and jewelry mode. although beach hunting I love the gold :D

That was quite a permission. Cant wait to see you fall hunt results!

I dislike hunting the dirt but those are some great finds! Love the silver and all of the trinkets..

Can you save a spot for Earl and Me, I think we will be up with in the next 7 years. By then he will have OC cleaned out..;)

Congrats on the awesome permission! I noticed your comment on pics coming in sideways. On the iPhone, I resize my pics to 2:3 and they come through fine.

I dislike hunting the dirt but those are some great finds! Love the silver and all of the trinkets..

Can you save a spot for Earl and Me, I think we will be up with in the next 7 years. By then he will have OC cleaned out..;)

You need to hit the dirt sometime, My other buddy went Mushroom crazy :laughing:

That was quite a permission. Cant wait to see you fall hunt results!

Thanks JW... my first 3 permissions were all busts :yes:

Super finds even down to what appears to be some lead toys...congrats!

Thanks JAK.. I dig everything when I dirt hunt.. no cherry picking for me :D

Thanks Joe... leave Earl home :lol: I started the hobby playing in the dirt and I enjoy it.. I don't hunt beaches during the summer months because I am not interested in fresh drops... I like winter hunting beach in the water and am hoping my menieres gives me a break this fall and winter season.

Congrats on the awesome permission! I noticed your comment on pics coming in sideways. On the iPhone, I resize my pics to 2:3 and they come through fine.

Thanks CJ... as to the pictures I also resize them..

Wow.

That’s some good hunting there, not sure what I like the best, the pile of silvers, wheats, dog licenses or lead toys. Leaning toward the silver but those lead toys...

Nice work!

Those relics are off the chart! The silver is fantastic but who finds relics like that everyday? Such awesome ground you are digging

Man, all kinds of everything there bro..

Congrats on the whole lot!!

Great hunting there...

<°)))>{

Earl still hunts?? :?::lol::p That is one heck of assortment there Craig. :wow:

Back
Top Bottom