• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

1858 Flying Eagle

matmit

Elite Member
Forum Supporter
This morning Pat and I hit a tearout which had been hit by at least 4 other guys recently.
My second target was a fatty IH.
Four wheats later, it was time to go get my haircut.
After I got home and cleaned up the coins, I realized that the Fatty was actually an 1858 FE:shock:
I love this hobby.
Happy Hunting Everybody and Happy Memorial Day!

Attachments

• 5-23-20 1858 Flying Eagle.jpg
    5-23-20 1858 Flying Eagle.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 421
  • 5-23-20 US service button Waterbury.jpg
    5-23-20 US service button Waterbury.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 369
  • 5-23-20 goodies.jpg
    5-23-20 goodies.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 383
  • 5-23-20 Flying Eagle.jpg
    5-23-20 Flying Eagle.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
A big congrats on the FE! I'm still looking for one. It's going to real tough finding one where I live. It's tough enough to find late 1800's coins much less any mid 1800's coins. I only average 3-4 late 1800's coins a year. So far this year a 1882 IHP, and a 1896 V. I feel lucky to have gotten those. My oldest two coins are a 1851 Seated dime and a 1867 2 Cent both from the same site. It's just really tough to find old coins here.

Nice score on the FE. Still on my bucketlist.
Thanks
Great score Congratulations sir!
Thank you Craig
A big congrats on the FE! I'm still looking for one. It's going to real tough finding one where I live. It's tough enough to find late 1800's coins much less any mid 1800's coins. I only average 3-4 late 1800's coins a year. So far this year a 1882 IHP, and a 1896 V. I feel lucky to have gotten those. My oldest two coins are a 1851 Seated dime and a 1867 2 Cent both from the same site. It's just really tough to find old coins here.
That's what I thought when I started detecting, but it is amazing what is still in the ground!

Big Congrats! You had a great day, especially finding a FE. I've been needing to rest my sore muscles some but you've got me fired up and wanting to do some detecting.

beephead

Big Congrats! You had a great day, especially finding a FE. I've been needing to rest my sore muscles some but you've got me fired up and wanting to do some detecting.

beephead
yeah, I really love the way this forum can inspire us to go and get more!
Wowzers! You lucky dog!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Luck had nothing to do with it!
Luck is when preparedness meets opportunity:D:laughing:

Nice find Matt! Maybe I can find more tearouts for you guys while taking the vets home. Did you try out 60th yet?

That's a nice find, Matt! :waytogo: If I may ask, what's the total number of flying eagle cents that you've uncovered?

Yeah, I remember the other one you dug. This one is in rougher shape, but still a beautiful find! Keep working them tearouts! Them other guys don't know what they're missing.

Back
Top Bottom