• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Some More SoCal Goodies Including Silver And A Glower

Jamflicker

Elite Member
Hey everyone,
Here are some finds from the last 4 outings all to tough spots. Two hunts were shorter and two were longer hunts. I ended up finding 4 silver coins, over 20 wheats, a handful of marbles, and a few other things. Always exciting to find that one of the marbles glows from uranium under a UV light and is called a lemonade I believe.

Hope you are all having a good week.

Attachments

• A3DAC8C6-27D1-4D83-A372-4C7D1E9F395D.jpg
    A3DAC8C6-27D1-4D83-A372-4C7D1E9F395D.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 502
  • 3CF8304E-C697-4F1D-A1C3-BDDE1D352EF4.jpg
    3CF8304E-C697-4F1D-A1C3-BDDE1D352EF4.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 489
  • IMG_7758.jpg
    IMG_7758.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_7801.jpg
    IMG_7801.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 494
  • IMG_7903.jpg
    IMG_7903.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 466
  • IMG_7913.jpg
    IMG_7913.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 459
Congrats on your recent successes . Wow , that clay marble is an oldie . I have found a few of those over the years but none for quite awhile now .
I've been hunting a bit more lately but still haven't found enough to make a decent sized post , pretty soon though . :lol:
I found a thin , red , battered up Buffalo nickel and I used your scouring pad method , it came out pretty good considering how messed up it was . I will be showing it in my next post of finds .Thanks for the tip . More good hunting to you !

Cool finds! I keep all the old marbles I find as well. :thumbsup:
Thanks! Do you have any glowing ones?
Well done again!
Thanks
What ? No gold coins ? HOW BORING ! :laughing:
I found a couple but figured why bore you.
Congrats on your recent successes . Wow , that clay marble is an oldie . I have found a few of those over the years but none for quite awhile now .
I've been hunting a bit more lately but still haven't found enough to make a decent sized post , pretty soon though . :lol:
I found a thin , red , battered up Buffalo nickel and I used your scouring pad method , it came out pretty good considering how messed up it was . I will be showing it in my next post of finds .Thanks for the tip . More good hunting to you !
Thanks! Glad that cleaning method worked out and looking forward to your post.

Wow, some nice finds !! Congrats on the silver and that glowing marble is really cool. My wife had some antique glass that would glow like that but she sold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Congrats on some nice finds.... Unreal how many marbles you continue to find. Are they just lying on the surface?

Thanks. This is one of the ones I found this week and how most look when I spot them. Some are in holes too, maybe 10% of them.

Attachments

• IMG_7902.jpg
    IMG_7902.jpg
    196.8 KB · Views: 444
Wow, some nice finds !! Congrats on the silver and that glowing marble is really cool. My wife had some antique glass that would glow like that but she sold them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thanks. Sort of cool knowing some glass glows. Maybe one day I'll take a pic of all my glowing marbles.

Occasionally walking through trashy vacant lots I will spot marbles half buried. I never thought of collecting them really or hunting some of these trash infested lots. Jam , is this a good sign to hunt an area like this ?

Jason,

Congratulations on the finds including the nice marble(s)!

Like many places, we've still got a good foot of snow on the ground here in MA, but hoping to get out detecting by next weekend as warmer temperatures are in the forecast. Hard to believe I haven't swung a coil in almost a month (lol).

HH! :D

Mike

Occasionally walking through trashy vacant lots I will spot marbles half buried. I never thought of collecting them really or hunting some of these trash infested lots. Jam , is this a good sign to hunt an area like this ?
Yes, if you are finding marbles in old vacant lots hunt them. There should be silver and other old coins and relics too.
I asked her and it's called carnival glass or uranium glass. Very cool.
Cool, thanks!
Is that ring gold? Make sure!
No, aluminum.
Very nice finds, congrats! Marbles are very cool.
Thank you.
Jason,

Congratulations on the finds including the nice marble(s)!

Like many places, we've still got a good foot of snow on the ground here in MA, but hoping to get out detecting by next weekend as warmer temperatures are in the forecast. Hard to believe I haven't swung a coil in almost a month (lol).

HH! :D

Mike
Thanks Mike. I would go crazy not being able to detect for a month. Hope you get some detectable weather soon.

Very nice, Jealous!!
Thank you.
Dang that marble is cool! You need a lead box to store those types in :lol:

Like that ring too, pretty great finds again Jam!

Thanks buddy! I think it's too late to store them in a lead box, I have been exposed :laughing:

Back
Top Bottom