3 Rings – A Metal Trifecta!

FelixtheCat

A Moderating Knight of the Round Coil
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
Went for a 4.5 hour water hunt with Merlin yesterday. I though conditions were going to be better than they were. It was slightly rough but workable for the 2 hours before the low tide. After that, it got progressively worse with the higher than normal low tides which just allowed the surf to be rough as the tide came in. I was able to find 2 areas that were workable both within 10’ of the shore and that’s where the majority of all the targets came from. The 1st ring was the sweet sounding tungsten. :roll: A few minutes after was ring #2 the fresh silver. In the last hour of the hunt was ring #3 which had me initially fooled. I remembered that it wasn’t a midtone (low tone) and took it out and noticed it didn’t have any markings and the plating showing little wear underneath – a stainless steel ring. :roll: It was still enjoyable to get out there.

(The crematory tag will go back into much deeper waters the next time I’m out there. Interesting that they’re from California but preferred for their ashes to come to South Beach).

Attachments

• 10-5-19.jpg
    10-5-19.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 486
  • 10-5-19 Rings.jpg
    10-5-19 Rings.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 472
  • 10-5-19 foreign (1).jpg
    10-5-19 foreign (1).jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 438
  • 10-5-19 foreign (2).jpg
    10-5-19 foreign (2).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 433
Last edited:
Nice variety of finds felix! The photo of that stainless sure looks like gold, must have been a real let down!

But a 3 ringer is always a good day

Congrats Felix on the trifecta! I’d rather find less than desirable metal rings than nothing. I call your’s a good hunt any day

Back
Top Bottom