Help ID Iron object with Numbers

mrbensteele

Today I went back to one of my local parks and found something pretty cool yet i know nothing about it or what it actually is, I was just happy i founf something this time.
The object resembles a tiny car bumper though searches for such an object werent promising so I figured maybe someone here can ID it.
Its exactly 5 inches long by 1.25 centimeters wide and 1.25 centimeters tall.
First before the Pics, there is an embossed stamp in the center it which begins with a circle surrounding a 6, 8, B or R, its worn so its difficult to tell. The unknown number or letter is followed by 81147.

picture.php

Its was found in a part that dates back at least to the early 1900's.
Any Ideas?

Other pics are available in my Finds album
Tried to post in ID my Finds section but no help yet, so im trying here.

vhs07 at TreasureNet identified this object for me its called a pole line strain clamp, or rather the internal part of it, missing the lower half and the rest of the outer mechanism, but im glad to finally have an answer.

vhs07 at TreasureNet identified this object for me its called a pole line strain clamp, or rather the internal part of it, missing the lower half and the rest of the outer mechanism, but im glad to finally have an answer.

And what is a pole line strain clamp used for?

as far as i can find it has several uses. the primary one is to put tension on electrical lines, they also are used to secure cables, on what, I dont know for sure. one provider is called Hubbel I believe they produce different kinds for different reasons.
IM just going on what iv read in descriptions and from pics, im still unsure.

Back
Top Bottom