Can you help me identify?

Luv2Dtect

I'm a new member on here. Found this item in TN. Can someone help me identify it?

See attachment.

Attachments

• IMG_0285.jpg
    IMG_0285.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 314
thanks for looking at this huge chunk of lead, Barefoot. It probably weighs 5 lbs. and look like it is solid lead. It's approx. 4x4 inches and 1 1/4 inches thick. The tabs on the top and bottom look like they have been cut off of more of the same type pcs.

I recently retired from 40 plus yrs in the military. Now I can travel around and hopefully find some nice things. I have been detecting for over 10 yrs now. I love doing it and luv reading about other peoples finds.

Yea, much bigger than I pictured.

What does the other side look like???

One guess is it is just lead to be melted for plumbing or maybe Linotype or other uses.

I think you'll have better luck if you can get your post moved to the "Help To ID My Finds" tab a little further down on the forum's main page. There are members there who seem to post nowhere else besides that tab and there's always someone who identifies the item...some super impressive folks on that tab. Any chance either end of that item has threads on the inside?

Back
Top Bottom