New Guy from SE Kansas

I've located the site of the home of James L. and Adeline (Younger) Dalton, a vacant lot on the south side of Coffeyville. This is where Grat, Bob, and Emmitt Dalton grew up before they "got famous". Their mother moved to Kingfisher I.T. in 1889, when they started out as Deputy U.S. Marshals/possemen, a year or so before they "turned bad"...so likely no loot hidden here. No one in the neighborhood seems to know who owns the lot, so I guess I need to check with the City Clerk to see who's paying taxes on it.

Welcome from Kansas and Antiques Detectors. Good Luck and Happy Hunting!!

Welcome

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    14.2 KB · Views: 45
I've located the site of the home of James L. and Adeline (Younger) Dalton, a vacant lot on the south side of Coffeyville. This is where Grat, Bob, and Emmitt Dalton grew up before they "got famous". Their mother moved to Kingfisher I.T. in 1889, when they started out as Deputy U.S. Marshals/possemen, a year or so before they "turned bad"...so likely no loot hidden here. No one in the neighborhood seems to know who owns the lot, so I guess I need to check with the City Clerk to see who's paying taxes on it.

Sounds like an interesting place to hunt. Easy way to find out the property owners is to download the onX app on your phone. You can get the 7 day trial version for free. I just got it this week and didn't take long for me to go ahead and pay for the full year.

Good luck to ya :)

Back
Top Bottom