Another Newbie here!

Luckyirishlass7

Hi Everybody! My name is Nikki, I'm new to this forum but not to this awesome hobby! I've been metal detecting for about 9 years, my husband (who was just my boyfriend at the time) got me started on this, and I was bit by the bug. I married that man, and we have a now 4 1/2 year old daughter who went with us to a local seeded hunt last year and was lucky enough to win her very first machine at 3 years old! She loves going with us on detecting expeditions, and we go together as a family.

That's great how you can make this a family activity.

Being able to include my child in my hunts is one reason why I've continued this hobby.

I love that she loves to go with us, she doesn't stop talking about it for about 3 days afterwards. It's awesome

It is!

And they know all the names of different detectors and when you get change they ask what year the coins are...it's just priceless.

No better words to hear from the kids... my daughter loves to be outside, why not give her another reason to love being outside?

I guess it depends on how expensive the outdoor activity is! :laughing:

My kid has started asking about Nerf blasters and going camping...

Luckily, I'm just looking for more excuses to buy more toys...

Welcome from Winnsboro, South Carolina !!!!

That is great that it is a family outing ! (and super congrats to your daughter on winning her very first machine at just 3 years old! :thumbsup:)

My wife has no problem with me detecting (as long as it doesn't keep me from getting my chores and projects done :lol:) just being funny, she knows how detecting is an enjoyable way for me to get fresh air and exercise and she does not begrudge me my hunts at all. She was not ready to retire yet so she is on a busy schedule right now, maybe when she does retire I can show her how much fun it can be, you get to be like a kid again and go "treasure hunting" :laughing:

Gary mds5.gif

Welcome....
People from Pennsylvania post a lot of great finds here, must have a lot of pockets with holes in them a couple of centuries ago.

Welcome to the forum from Pittsburgh, Pa. and extra points for being Irish. Good luck to you and your family on your adventures. Don't forget to post pics of your finds. Mark

Back
Top Bottom