Note to the "Newbies" from a "Newbie"

Hello Friendly Forum,
I have just purchased a Garrett Ace 350 and the Garrett Pin Pointer. As soon as the weather gets a bit warmer here in Illinois, I will try it out on my first find. Needless to say, I am very excited, and can't wait to get started. All I need now, is to know where it is legal to metal detect near where I live. I have much to learn about detecting, different modes, sensitivity, etc. and need any advice you are willing to offer. Happy Hunting

I'd contact your local parks dept and see if they allow it there. Most government run land will not allow it but lots of city and county will. Parents and grand parents yards, friends houses, your neighborhood churches. ALWAYS ask permission first to stay out of trouble. but I would start on your own yard first. Great place to learn how to use the detector and practice digging clean plugs.

A very well deserved "sticky" thread. You nailed it man, a must read for us all.. Thanks for your post..

Great post. How many people drive the same car that they first learned how to drive? Get what you can afford, learn, and then upgrade if you enjoy and want to continue this hobby.

Steve

just wannna say hey..im mike live in seneca falls ny and looking for hunting buddies..im disabled due to bad heart so have plenty of time on my hands.. if ur from the area contact me and lets find the mother lode

Can you MD on BLM or goverment grounds?

I am new and was:( going to hunt on a lake I have a cabin on, Found out that because it was of Corp of Engineer lake, No hunting allowed, Is it the same on all government grounds?

Newbie Here

Good evening,this is my first post on this site.My girlfriend and I just got into MDing this past Summer,and have done some beach hunting in Ocean County.We have found a few coins,rusted fish hook,along with a nail clipper.Then Sandy came,and ruined most of the beachfront we use to search.We even gave her grandson his first metal detector this past Christmas-he's only 5yrs old,but his dad has found some old fishing weights on the beach.

Hope to pick up some pointers from this site,and maybe make some local friends in this area.

Tom

Newbie Too

Nice post from a newbie to a newbie. Just bought my Garrett ACE 250 a couple of weeks ago and I was feeling all alone here in San Antonio, didn't and still don't know where, what and who to buddy with. This forum seems to be the right spot for me and I will take your advice and advance slowly.

Thanks again..

D' Fox:p

Back
Top Bottom