94 year old bottle

pplinker

Forum Supporter
Warm and dry today and I took a little 4 wheeler ride down the bottom along the creek. Got off and looked over the steep bank at a sandbar that sometimes holds a few bottles, although they are often broken or just beer bottles.

There was a pop bottle down there in some mud but could not tell if it was whole or not. The bank is about 60 degrees steep and 12 foot down but I found tree roots to grab onto. So upon closer inspection I see it is a Nehi pop bottle but the neck is below the mudline so thought maybe it was broken off. But upon prying it up, it was all there.

The bottom says patented in 1925. Bottles from the creek can be all scratched up but this one is in pretty good shape.

Happy hunting,
Penny

Attachments

• DSCN4484.JPG
    DSCN4484.JPG
    127 KB · Views: 432
  • DSCN4485.JPG
    DSCN4485.JPG
    128.5 KB · Views: 386
  • DSCN4486.JPG
    DSCN4486.JPG
    127.6 KB · Views: 438
Always nice to find old embossed pops out in the wild.

If that's a "3" to the right of the diamond on the bottom it means 1933. Can't tell but if there's a small dot to the right of the "3" then it means 1943.

The 1925 was a patent date of the bottle design.

Always nice to find old embossed pops out in the wild.

If that's a "3" to the right of the diamond on the bottom it means 1933. Can't tell but if there's a small dot to the right of the "3" then it means 1943.

The 1925 was a patent date of the bottle design.

There is a "3" to the left of the diamond and an "8" to the right of the diamond. At the very bottom there is a "3" with a dot to the right of it.

There is a "3" to the left of the diamond and an "8" to the right of the diamond. At the very bottom there is a "3" with a dot to the right of it.

I can't make it out in the pic, but if that's an "8" to the right of the diamond/circle mark with no dot the bottle would be 1938. The number to the right of the mark is usually always the date. If followed by a dot 1940s, if no dot 1930s.

I can't make it out in the pic, but if that's an "8" to the right of the diamond/circle mark with no dot the bottle would be 1938. The number to the right of the mark is usually always the date. If followed by a dot 1940s, if no dot 1930s.

It is an 8 to the right of the mark. 1938. So it is approx. 81 years. Thanks for this info Glasshopper!

Back
Top Bottom