2 Hunts, 6 Silver and a Great Surprise

jack&jill

Elite Member
Only got out for two hunts this last week due to illness and weather. Both provided some success. The first outing I went back to the little honey hole I had been to the previous four hunts. This time I finished the area where I was finding the older coins. In the first two hours of this outing I managed 4 Silver Coins and 6 more Wheat's. I went back over the area looking for missed signals and then moved on to the next section only finding some clad for the last three hours of the hunt. For the second outing this week I was invited on a hunt with IDX Monster. We both had some travel (90 miles for me) to get to this site but well worth it. The site a old park has some good history with a lot of possibilities for success. Still you really had to work hard for the rewards. I was blessed as I dug a Barber Dime and a old Merc along with 4 Wheat's and a pocket full of clad. These 6 Silver coins now have me sitting at 32 FTY. The surprise came as we were taking a lunch break sitting on a picnic table. We were talking and eating when Kevin reached out his hand palm down and said I want to show you something. I reached out figuring he had a good find to show me. Well what he dropped into my hand left me stunned. He said congrats Trap as this is your prize for winning last years oldest coin contest. The prize a 1852 $1 Gold Coin. IDX Monster is a class guy that loves this hobby. He sponsors this contest totally by himself. I want to say thank you and to let him know how happy I am that he is my friend. On to the next. Trapper

Attachments

• 4-8-19 .jpg
    4-8-19 .jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 677
  • 4-13-19 .jpg
    4-13-19 .jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 627
  • 1$ Gold jpg.jpg
    1$ Gold jpg.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 591
  • 1$ Gold 1 jpg.jpg
    1$ Gold 1 jpg.jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 604
You are a madman at finding silver! Great job. Sweet gold coin too.

What a weekend ! A trip well worth the time invested. Congrats on a great hunt, silvers and wheats. And especially the gold coin award. What was the oldest coin ? Kevin is a classy guy, always willing to help others in the hobby. HH Mark

Sweet finds Trapper, congrats! And what a great friend to drop a Gold Coin into your hand and then say it is yours!

Good post Trapman! I see the Washingtons have been coming in at a decent ratio for ya so far...along with the nice mix of dimes. I've been out 4 times so far, but only once where there's a fair chance of silvers. Found 7 wheat pennies that day. Waiting for another thaw now; it's all still covered in white.

What a fine prize for that really old coin! That IDX Monster character sounds like he might just be an alright guy after all! :laughing:

What a weekend ! A trip well worth the time invested. Congrats on a great hunt, silvers and wheats. And especially the gold coin award. What was the oldest coin ? Kevin is a classy guy, always willing to help others in the hobby. HH Mark
Thank you Mark for all the kind words. Hope to make that trip again in the future. Kevin is a class act and I am very thankful for his friendship. The Coin was a 1833 Large Cent dug on the same day as I dug a 1835 Capped bust Dime. Ironically I dug a 1834 Largie 4 days later. Trapper
Sweet finds Trapper, congrats! And what a great friend to drop a Gold Coin into your hand and then say it is yours!
Thank you David as your reply is appreciated. That drop will be a moment that will stay with me for a long, long time. I think I stuttered for a bit to say anything. Trapper

Very cool finds Trapper! Awesome prize as well
A pretty good week Tom despite the weather. Was not expecting the Gold Coin surprise. Feel blessed and very happy to have it. Trapper
Congrats on the silver coin finds and the gold coin prize.
Thank you Diggin for your reply. Finding that small area in that park was a big deal for me as the rest of this site has given up very little. Love the Gold Coin. Trapper

Trapper, you deserve everything coming your way! You are a fine example of a Top-Notch forum member. Your encouragement and support across the forum leaves a smile on everyone's face. I really hope you get to this year's goal on silver and gold (you are already well on your way with your "surprise").

Congratulations, best of luck on the start of your year! Looks like you are off to a great start!

:D

HOLY COW WOW!!!!!! Congrats on a GREAT hunt, and the silver!!! A special congrats on the gold coin!!! Well deserved Trapper!!!!

Good post Trapman! I see the Washingtons have been coming in at a decent ratio for ya so far...along with the nice mix of dimes. I've been out 4 times so far, but only once where there's a fair chance of silvers. Found 7 wheat pennies that day. Waiting for another thaw now; it's all still covered in white.

What a fine prize for that really old coin! That IDX Monster character sounds like he might just be an alright guy after all! :laughing:
Thank you for the reply Blaise. So far I have 4 big Silvers (3 GW's and a Walker) out of the 32 Silvers this year, all the rest are Dimes. Oh yes Monster is big and bad, maybe ugly too. But he loves the hobby and is willing to share. Most importantly I consider him a real good friend. Trapper
Imagine that is a surprise. Think all of us would like one like that. Outstanding me bouy!
Appreciate your reply Leslie. Yes ! A real surprise, honestly say I was stunned. Trapper

Congratulations on two nice hunts and the SILVER Trapper!!! AND WTG IDX, You DA MAN !!!

Congrats on rapidly upping your silver totals FTY Trapper. I knew it wouldn't take you long to close in on me! We look forward to following your adventures through your posts and great pictures. That was extremely generous of IDX to award such a nice coin as a prize! Good luck and HH friend.:D

Man your ability to find silver just blows my mind. Congrats on another great hunt. Nothing like hunting with a good friend while the silver is singing. That gold coin is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom