Pocket Watch

yooper69

Elite Member
I bet someone here knows the maker and the date on this . Thanks Mike. IMG_20190413_171007473.jpg

IMG_20190413_171000624 (1).jpg

IMG_20190413_182622231.jpg

IMG_20190414_003050931.jpg

IMG_20190413_182641726.jpg

2019-04-13-182531.jpg

2019-04-13-182446.jpg

2019-04-13-182339.jpg

2019-04-13-182303.jpg

2019-04-13-182303 (1).jpg

There's dirt clinging near the stem but the texture of the case isn't dirty like you'd expect. It must not have been buried too long.

Nice looking find. I would have assumed it was old. Didnt realize anyone carried them in the 21st century. Old or not, nice find!

Nice looking find. I would have assumed it was old. Didnt realize anyone carried them in the 21st century. Old or not, nice find!

Thanks . It might not be that old but i enjoyed digging it . Especially with the amount of snow im still dealing with.

funny, face seems to be upside down...
any text inside the back cover(s)? And perhaps a closeup of the text under the 6?

Voriax

Very nice....I've wanted to get a pocket watch for years...but it's tough to find a mechanical one nowadays at a decent price...Tissot makes one....I really should get one. I'm still hoping to find one in working condition (or not...my Uncle was a watchmaker for many many years...he could fix about anything I dug up as long as it wasn't totally hosed)

Have you opened the back to look at the movement?

Very nice....I've wanted to get a pocket watch for years...but it's tough to find a mechanical one nowadays at a decent price...Tissot makes one....I really should get one. I'm still hoping to find one in working condition (or not...my Uncle was a watchmaker for many many years...he could fix about anything I dug up as long as it wasn't totally hosed)

Have you opened the back to look at the movement?
The whole clock assembly comes out the front . Just falls out due being the ground. I have been trying to find anything on it but coming up with nothing so far.

The whole clock assembly comes out the front . Just falls out due being the ground. I have been trying to find anything on it but coming up with nothing so far.

No writing on the "works"?

If you were local I'd send you to my Uncle (he and his son are Khars (persian word) ) but he knows all there is to know about watches and clocks.

Thanks for the help. I looked at the site and found i don't know nothing about watches :laughing:
Yeah, me neither. I sometimes like to search stuff though. I found out that (I think) your watch is not Soviet/Russian. It is believed to be from Vitebsk, a city in Belarus, which is a country that borders Russia. Who knew? The tower building depicted is the Old Town Hall in Vitebsk. Apparently, it is a fairly modern, but mechanical watch, made by "The Vitebsk Instrument Making Plant", or some translation of that I suppose.
Here is a similar one in an online ad. The link to the website is no longer valid.
Best I can do for ya.

Fair - POCKET MECHANICAL WATCH
www.minprom.gov.by
Enterprise: "VITEBSK INSTRUMENT-MAKING PLANT" OPEN JOINT-STOCK COMPANY Address: 4, GAGARINA STR., VITEBSK, 210026, REPUBLIC OF BELARUS

Attachments

• Bbimnea watch1.jpg
    Bbimnea watch1.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 541
Y
Yeah, me neither. I sometimes like to search stuff though. I found out that (I think) your watch is not Soviet/Russian. It is believed to be from Vitebsk, a city in Belarus, which is a country that borders Russia. Who knew? The tower building depicted is the Old Town Hall in Vitebsk. Apparently, it is a fairly modern, but mechanical watch, made by "The Vitebsk Instrument Making Plant", or some translation of that I suppose.
Here is a similar one in an online ad. The link to the website is no longer valid.
Best I can do for ya.

Fair - POCKET MECHANICAL WATCH
www.minprom.gov.by
Enterprise: "VITEBSK INSTRUMENT-MAKING PLANT" OPEN JOINT-STOCK COMPANY Address: 4, GAGARINA STR., VITEBSK, 210026, REPUBLIC OF BELARUS
Thank you . Wasn't expecting it to be valuable but it's nice to know something about it.

If im not mistaken, most pocket watches have serial numbers/maker's marks on the inside of the back cover. Did you happen to check? Really unique find!

If im not mistaken, most pocket watches have serial numbers/maker's marks on the inside of the back cover. Did you happen to check? Really unique find!
Haven't done much more with it don't want to break it. Thinking of taking it to a watch expert to see how much it would cost to get fixed. I think i might have found the owner. So return is possible.

Back
Top Bottom