Advantage of getting older

stetam

Elite Member
I just realized since I turn 65 next May, I can get my PA resident senior combo hunting license this year. What used to cost me $70 a year for rifle, archery, muzzleloader and furtaker I can now get for life for $101.97 :oldguy:

Steve

I just realized since I turn 65 next May, I can get my PA resident senior combo hunting license this year. What used to cost me $70 a year for rifle, archery, muzzleloader and furtaker I can now get for life for $101.97 :oldguy:

Steve

Those different senior discounts will all be welcome to as they roll in.

Do you ever have anything nice to say to anyone?

Steve

He doesn't. Garden variety forum troll, and now apparently a vegan. He has never congratulated me, or others, on their finds, for example, or said other positive words to other members, AFAIK.

In any case, more power to you, and congrats on the discounts, as you use your weapons lawfully, and there is no doubt in my mind that you do.

PA is actually a pretty good 2nd Amendment state, as these things go, relative to our neighborhood, and I hope it stays that way.

were you not just in another thread talking about camping out with a shotgun to kill people?

Absolutely not. But I did say if someone were to brutally attack me, as they did Phelix, thats what I would do.

Big difference between killing innocent animals, and shooting a violent animal who's trying to kill you.

Gotta love this crowd, had one person imply I'm a pedophile, and now you want to imply I'm some type of mass murderer!

Till 3 deer come kick me from behind and knock me out, I have no reason to shoot them, to put their head on a wall.

Absolutely not. But I did say if someone were to brutally attack me, as they did Phelix, thats what I would do.

Big difference between killing innocent animals, and shooting a violent animal who's trying to kill you.

Gotta love this crowd, had one person imply I'm a pedophile, and now you want to imply I'm some type of mass murderer!

Till 3 deer come kick me from behind and knock me out, I have no reason to shoot them, to put their head on a wall.

You don't seem to understand your actions and words directly influence how others treat you. The fact you haven't picked up on that after at least a dozen times I have witnessed just on this site, blows my mind.

Do you ever have anything nice to say to anyone?

Steve

Its ok Steve... I have hunted and harvested meat as well... sure beats eating the meat in supermarkets full of chemicals and whatever else they give them...

I get called a murderer on Nextdoor for hunting by these straw and seed eaters :lol:

I eat meat, I wish I didn't. When I was a kid I was basically a vegetarian, then I wanted to gain muscle, and the books said, eat chicken. Prior to age 13, I basically did not eat meat.

Now, I eat it all the time. I wish I didn't. But, I would rather have someone else do my dirty work for me. I went deer hunting once as a kid, and I'm very glad I did not see or kill one.

I guess I'm a bad person, for not finding any enjoyment in killing innocent animals. You may get an adrenaline rush out of killing, but I doubt it's a warm peaceful feeling after killing an animal.

St Francis of Paola took a vow of non-violence and refused to eat animals.

I eat meat, I wish I didn't. When I was a kid I was basically a vegetarian, then I wanted to gain muscle, and the books said, eat chicken. Prior to age 13, I basically did not eat meat.

Now, I eat it all the time. I wish I didn't. But, I would rather have someone else do my dirty work for me. I went deer hunting once as a kid, and I'm very glad I did not see or kill one.

I guess I'm a bad person, for not finding any enjoyment in killing innocent animals. You may get an adrenaline rush out of killing, but I doubt it's a warm peaceful feeling after killing an animal.

We are not all clones... some of us enjoy hunting... I have enjoyed fishing, hunting and metal detecting nothing wrong with any of them... just because you don't like it don't try to change our minds on it...

I hunted for the meat... I don't feel guilt for killing a creature..

Why don't go detecting instead being confrontational with things you don't agree with here... show us some finds instead of being a keyboard warrior...

I don't hunt and stopped fishing cause it was boring however animals are delicious, especially with gold barbeque sauce!😛

We are not all clones... some of us enjoy hunting... I have enjoyed fishing, hunting and metal detecting nothing wrong with any of them... just because you don't like it don't try to change our minds on it...

I hunted for the meat... I don't feel guilt for killing a creature..

Why don't go detecting instead being confrontational with things you don't agree with here... show us some finds instead of being a keyboard warrior...

Our opinions are often based in emotion and group affiliation, not facts. Psychological research shows that once our minds are made up on important matters, changing them can be as difficult as stopping a train hurtling at full speed, even when there’s danger straight ahead.

It's hard enough to change yourself, let alone change others. Maybe I wish people would think more, but let them change their mind on the data they have, I don't want to change anyones opinion. Get them thinking.. sure.. why not! Although, it seems some peoples heads hurt when they think!

Another advantage of turning 65 (at least in our state, availability and specifics might vary in other states) is if your state has a Homestead Exemption you can apply for to reduce the yearly property taxes you have to pay on the property where you live.

When I turned 65 I applied for the Homestead Exemption offered in South Carolina, and the most recent home property tax bill we had was less than a dollar :shock: I think it was even less than 50 cents :lol:

Here is how it works in South Carolina: (just being 65+ is enough by itself)

https://dor.sc.gov/lgs/homestead-exemption

quote from the above link:

"The Homestead Exemption is a complete exemption of taxes on the first $50,000 in Fair Market Value of your Legal Residence for homeowners over age 65, totally and permanently disabled, or legally blind."
(end quote)

Check for info online to see if your state offers a similar program.

Congrats on the perks and getting old- number wise.

Our opinions
are often based in emotion.....
.......Maybe I wish people would think more, but let them change their mind on the data they have, I don't want to change anyones opinion. Get them thinking.. sure.. why not! Although, it seems some peoples heads hurt when they think!

You are the one that is going by emotion and not facts. I'm not going to debate it but if you want the truth on how hunting isn't cruel or wrong then check with any of the conservation departments to find out the facts. Their reasons for allowing it isn't because it's a sport, it's for the wildlife.

Congrats on the perks and getting old- number wise.

You are the one that is going by emotion and not facts. I'm not going to debate it but if you want the truth on how hunting isn't cruel or wrong then check with any of the conservation departments to find out the facts. Their reasons for allowing it isn't because it's a sport, it's for the wildlife.

Animals bleed red, they feel pain, they feel cold, they have sex, they bond with the members of their type. Many experience pain when separated from their family members, or see members killed. They feel many of the things humans do.

Im not so sure many people consult with conservation officers on morality.:laughing:

Everything revolves around $. The state promotes hunting, because it brings in $.

I'm not a vegetarian, I wish I was. But.. more often than not, I reflect upon the pain the animal probably felt, and it's living conditions, when I eat meat. It's not something I'm happy about.

How would you like it if aliens invaded Earth, and decided to use humans for food?

Animals bleed red, they feel pain, they feel cold, they have sex, they bond with the members of their type. Many experience pain when separated from their family members, or see members killed. They feel many of the things humans do.

Im not so sure many people consult with conservation officers on morality.:laughing:

Everything revolves around $. The state promotes hunting, because it brings in $.

I'm not a vegetarian, I wish I was. But.. more often than not, I reflect upon the pain the animal probably felt, and it's living conditions, when I eat meat. It's not something I'm happy about.

How would you like it if aliens invaded Earth, and decided to use humans for food?

Have you ever seen an animal die from disease? That is a long time of an agonizing suffering death ...not a pretty site.

Keep your emotions to yourself.

Back
Top Bottom