What finds bag do you guys like.

$2.00 nail bag works great. I have no need for anything else. Comfort is main priority.

I use the Relic Elite by Omega Mill. Plenty of pockets, place for a PP and I can use my own belt, a Virgina state seal repro to help with Karma while hunting CW relics...:D

I agree with the cloth painter or nail pouches. They’re about a light as it gets, important for me. Had mine for ten years now.

Just a fanny pack across my chest bandallero style.. Works in wet and dry. Hang a pinpointer holster off it. Holds spare batteries, gloves, and trash. Zipper secure the really good stuff. especially when in the water. I just dump it in a goldpan for sorting.

Last edited:
I got this bag from Amazon for about $15 and I'm liking it so far. It also has a long belt so us fat guys can wear it too which is an issue I've run into with other ones. The hammer loop is perfect for holding your pinpointer.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00GK4T...colid=TBWGXSAX99MS&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

913tQflDZzL._SL1500_.jpg

Custom Park Ranger with extra pockets and a custom pack mule. They are tough. I have 3 years use on them and they look like new despite heavy use. They will last a lifetime unless you run over them with a mower or something like that. First photo the Ranger; second the Pack mule with two outside zipper pockets and an open pocket for a drop cloth.

Those look like great pouches but the suppler must be fazing them out. Can only find one sight offering the ranger or pack mule and there down to one color which is camo that cost $5 more.

Somebody can correct me if I’m wrong... I don’t think these are made in a factory. Doesn’t one person make these? Maybe he’s on vacation.

Yes, the Pack Mule and Park Ranger pouches are all hand made/hand sewn by one individual who is/was active on another forum. The ones for sale on the Colonial Metal Detector website are the “stock” variety made by him and sold on consignment through Colonial. He used to accept custom orders - you could literally make a finds pouch with nearly limitless modifications to the basic bags. The only limit was your budget! Unfortunately for anyone looking for a custom bag, he isn’t on vacation - more on a hiatus with no timetable to return for personal reasons. Last I talked to him about it, his plan was to cease accepting custom orders after May 1, but still produce some stock pouches for Colonial for as long as he can. To make a long story short, his life has gotten extremely busy, and he only makes the pouches in his spare time. To give you an idea, I placed an order and paid for a custom pouch in mid-April, and I’m still waiting. The pouches at Colonial might get scarce, too - so if you’re considering it, I’d get one while you can.

Matt had some work related injuries, and now has a his first child, less than a month old. So he is not making any of the bags at this time.
He says that he will be getting back to making detecting pouches. I expect he might start making them in the fall, probably not before that.
It all depends on how much extra energy he has to devote to the project.

A one dollar painters apron with 2 pockets. I don't like anything on my sides that gets in the way of swinging the detector or my arm movement. They work just fine and keep me from lugging too much stuff around I don't need.

I've seen some guys pouches that would support a tailgate party or maybe do a tune up on a Volkswagen in a pinch. Light is better.

I agree with this. A nail pouch works great for me. Good stuff on one side, junk on the other. If junk side gets full I find a trashcan.

Here is my setup. Plenty of room for everything, even insulated water bottle carrier, pocket for cell phone and wireless audio module, etc..
I have these for sale in the FS Accessories section.
You can add as many or as few pouches as you like.

Attachments

• my hunting belt setup revised 2.jpg
    my hunting belt setup revised 2.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,452
Here is my setup. Plenty of room for everything, even insulated water bottle carrier, pocket for cell phone and wireless audio module, etc..

HOLY #$%#, Jer, you got room for Batcuffs, Batarang, Bathooks, and a Batbomb on that thing! Lol

This is the Cadillac of finds pouches.

HOLY #$%#, Jer, you got room for Batcuffs, Batarang, Bathooks, and a Batbomb on that thing! Lol

This is the Cadillac of finds pouches.

I just put all the pouches I have on this belt to show them all. I cant tell you how many times I have been out hunting and thought wished I had a drink. Have to walk back to the truck . I think the thermal bottle holder will be invaluable, especially in this heat. Plus, the bottom pocket has room for my spare CTX battery. The small tiered pouch holds my cell phone and CTX wireless module.
They are FOR SALE. Configure it anyway you want.

I use the Garret bag. Lesche fits inside perfectly. Carrot is hooked to outside with its holder. Coins go in small inside pocket, garbage in large part of pouch. It’s light and cheap. It works great for me.

This is the set up I use..

qywoyr.jpg

The main pouch is a Sporting Clays cartridge pouch and I use this for scrap ect...Not shown in this pic, I have a small First Field Dressing style zipped pouch on the front of my shoulder harness I use for actual "finds" which are coins and other small stuff mostly. The small rear pouch contains spare batteries ect and I some times swap it out for a water bottle pouch in the warmer weather...

I really wish the Pack Mule was available over here in the UK as the quality looks fantastic..My scrap pouch is just a cheapy, but I figure if it lasts 12 months I've had my money's worth....

This is the set up I use..

qywoyr.jpg

The main pouch is a Sporting Clays cartridge pouch and I use this for scrap ect...Not shown in this pic, I have a small First Field Dressing style zipped pouch on the front of my shoulder harness I use for actual "finds" which are coins and other small stuff mostly. The small rear pouch contains spare batteries ect and I some times swap it out for a water bottle pouch in the warmer weather...

I really wish the Pack Mule was available over here in the UK as the quality looks fantastic..My scrap pouch is just a cheapy, but I figure if it lasts 12 months I've had my money's worth....

The towel is icing on the cake. nice setup

Back
Top Bottom