View Single Post
Old 05-13-2022, 01:15 AM
Banned

Location: Like I would tell you, so you can find the 500 million in Gold before I do!

Originally Posted by Tom_in_CA View post
Why necessarily this conclusion in that story ? Because here's 2 other plausible outcomes :

1) D.B. Cooper survived the parachute jump, left only some of the $$ there, and hiked off with the rest. And spent it elsewhere. Hence : "no treasure out there" now.

2) Other person(s) before, or after, the kid, likewise found $$. And DIDN'T run to alert the authorities. And instead : Spent it elsewhere. Hence: "no treasure out there" now.

But notice that the instinct in stories like this (and all the others) is to mentally bypass other explanations. This is our inborn nature to want to believe-so-hard (lest you be laughed at all the way to the bank).

For example, your conclusion was NOT that it "might" still be there. Your conclusion was that it WAS still there. This is because when it comes to treasure, we all subconsciously put critical thinking aside. And ... everything gets interpreted around "Fabulous treasure" instead.

Problem is, all the $20 bills serial #'s were recorded. They are all publicly available on the FBI's website. None of those serial numbers have ever been detected in circulation.

My conclusion? Just because I post something, does not mean it's my belief. You should not assume.

1 members found this post helpful.