• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Bucketlister!!😃

metaladdict

Elite Member
Was looking for a lost gold ring but found coins instead!
This is Barber beach and got my oldest coin today 1895 quarter.
My bucket is the v nickel! First ever and it's 1900!
I think the razor handle is gold plated.
Also a little military button.

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_153452443.jpg
    IMG_20200627_153452443.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 654
Last edited:
Nice, nice, nice! Congrats on the bucket lister as well!

Good to see some CA action. And good luck on finding the ring.

This beach doesn't erode ever and I can go hunt it on mediocre low tides. I got asked to leave once by rangers. But not yesterday 😃 I was there four hours and got a sunburned bald head.

This beach doesn't erode ever and I can go hunt it on mediocre low tides. I got asked to leave once by rangers. But not yesterday 😃 I was there four hours and got a sunburned bald head.

You lucky b#stard ! I just checked Carmel beach yesterday, and it was SO sterile that I walked around on the wet sand for 30 minutes, and NEVER GOT A SINGLE BEEP. Just utterly sanded in.

We do have a few "pocket cove" beaches here that have rules of their own. Ie.: don't depend on storms and swells and wind to erode. They just randomly go up or down a foot or two, with seemingly no connection to weather/storm/sea events. But they're not consistent.

I've heard of some beaches like you describe (typically inter-bay beaches, that don't have extreme sand movement) where you can silver at any time (not much different than hunting a land-site, since sand movement is minimal).

As far as the singular "scram", here's my thoughts on that : http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=278842

I heard of a scram or two, on CA state beaches (very extremely rare), yet .... nothing ever became of them. Just someone having a bad hair day, or someone who you'll never bump into again, etc... Are you at liberty to say what entity/type beach yours is ? Eg.: city, county, state, or fed or .... ?

You lucky b#stard ! I just checked Carmel beach yesterday, and it was SO sterile that I walked around on the wet sand for 30 minutes, and NEVER GOT A SINGLE BEEP. Just utterly sanded in.

We do have a few "pocket cove" beaches here that have rules of their own. Ie.: don't depend on storms and swells and wind to erode. They just randomly go up or down a foot or two, with seemingly no connection to weather/storm/sea events. But they're not consistent.

I've heard of some beaches like you describe (typically inter-bay beaches, that don't have extreme sand movement) where you can silver at any time (not much different than hunting a land-site, since sand movement is minimal).

As far as the singular "scram", here's my thoughts on that : http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=278842

I heard of a scram or two, on CA state beaches (very extremely rare), yet .... nothing ever became of them. Just someone having a bad hair day, or someone who you'll never bump into again, etc... Are you at liberty to say what entity/type beach yours is ? Eg.: city, county, state, or fed or .... ?

It's a state beach

Hey, congrats on the old Barber quarter and V nickel! Funny how the silver looks toasted, but the V ain't as bad. Opposite of Midwest dirt coins.

Well, it's the ocean that wasted the silver and it didn't do much to the nickel! I cleaned the v a bit and it's a 1900! I couldn't see the last digit so well. I really like this nickel!

Was looking for a lost gold ring from Craigslist but found coins instead!

Congrats on the V nickel!

Was looking for a lost gold ring from Craigslist but found coins instead!

Congrats on the V nickel! After I found my first one last year they've started to roll in.

I love the old coins and those look good to! Congratulations on all...!!

I had one spot I was killing the old gold a few years ago, I could not for the world figure out why I was not finding very many coins...Until I started looking at the pictures I had of the swimmers... They had to wear the beach wear of that beach to swim there I guess, everyone had on the same Logo swim wear. So they were leaving there coins in lockers. And this spot I was finding those locker tags like crazy...

Back
Top Bottom