Oceanside, CA beaches

mororom

Hi there,
I am vacationing this week in the Oceanside area and plan to hit some places around Oceanside pier. Any suggestions on the best time to hunt beaches? Any advice timo be aware of?
Thank you!

Low tide is best. 3-400 yards on each side of the pier. South is usually better. This beach gets imported , piped in sand. Avoid the underneath and seating area at base of pier at night. Homeless , Hoodlums , Homies all tend to hang there. Many stabbings occur in this area. Good luck !

Low tide is best. 3-400 yards on each side of the pier. South is usually better. This beach gets imported , piped in sand. Avoid the underneath and seating area at base of pier at night. Homeless , Hoodlums , Homies all tend to hang there. Many stabbings occur in this area. Good luck !

Thank you, KOB! Low tide will be mid morning today, Monday 6/29. Will be around the pier during that time.

That is what I call good local knowledge. Good that you shared it with the visitor.

you will be wasting your time
they dreged the harbor 4 months ago
and the sand went to oside beach..
all you will find is tons of can slaw pull taps
lobster trap pieces and junk i have hunted the wet past 6 months
a few times a week so i know..
i have been hunting oside for 15 yrs
go do the harbor much cleaner and maybe some yellow
lot more surfers,, good luck :D

Back
Top Bottom