Hello from Kansas City, Mo

whatthebeep

In passing I mentioned to my partner that I have always wanted a metal detector. I had forgotten about it, and on my birthday he handed me a box and guess what it was?! A metal detector! I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a gift. It's nothing fancy, just something to start out on.

I am lucky and live in an older home (1912). There are many vacant lots around my neighborhood I will be able to detect on. I have permission, don't worry! I did some Google Earth sleuthing, and I have a good idea of where the houses once were.

So far, I have been digging up my backyard and getting to know my gear. Someone who lived here loved Schlitz. i have found a bunch of random items. The best so far is part of an old toy cap gun!

I'm not out here looking for anything fancy. I love the little peek into the lives of the people who lived here before me.

I have done my research and have purchased my permit in KCMO. I plan on obtaining a permit in Overland Park, KS, and Johnson County, KS.

If anyone has any advice for a newbie I would appreciate it!

~ Amy

Welcome to the Friendly. Sounds like a great start! I bet you'll find more goodies in your yard and out and about too. Cap gun sounds like a great find. I've only found pieces of one.

Like the username too :lol:

Welcome from CT. Happy hunting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In passing I mentioned to my partner that I have always wanted a metal detector. I had forgotten about it, and on my birthday he handed me a box and guess what it was?! A metal detector! I can't remember the last time I was so excited about a gift. It's nothing fancy, just something to start out on.

I am lucky and live in an older home (1912). There are many vacant lots around my neighborhood I will be able to detect on. I have permission, don't worry! I did some Google Earth sleuthing, and I have a good idea of where the houses once were.

So far, I have been digging up my backyard and getting to know my gear. Someone who lived here loved Schlitz. i have found a bunch of random items. The best so far is part of an old toy cap gun!

I'm not out here looking for anything fancy. I love the little peek into the lives of the people who lived here before me.

I have done my research and have purchased my permit in KCMO. I plan on obtaining a permit in Overland Park, KS, and Johnson County, KS.

If anyone has any advice for a newbie I would appreciate it!

~ Amy

Welcome!

Welcome from MA! I grew up in Kansas City. If you can get permission, some of the old private school fields would be great sites - Barstow and Pembroke Hill come to mind. And if you are out near Overland Park/Leawood, I know a house that has at least three lost rings somewhere in the back yard ;-)

Back
Top Bottom