First Yard Permissions = A silver and a bucket lister

Silverhorse65

Elite Member
Three new firsts for me in the last week. 1) I connected with a guy in my neck of the woods who has been detecting for 40 years. I've not yet hunted with another person. 2) We've done 4 yard permissions in our first two hunts, first time for me getting yard permissions. 3) I got one good silver the first day and a bucket lister the second day

That's silver #11 for me on the year and my first ever 3 Merry Widows tin. If you don't know the story behind 3 Merry Widows, google it, its quite interesting. We also pulled 6 wheats between the two of us in these first two hunts. Any time your pulling wheats, you know there's the potential to find other older stuff.

Attachments

• 06042021 waukee yard2.jpg
    06042021 waukee yard2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 563
  • 06042021 waukee yard.jpg
    06042021 waukee yard.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 562
  • 06082021 Dexter yard.jpg
    06082021 Dexter yard.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 571
Congrats on the shiny and the yard permissions. Seems private yards are the only untouched hunting ground theses days. Hunting with a buddy with that many years experience should help with any learning curves you may have. The tin is a very cool find and is on my list for sure. Good luck, Mark

Congrats on the shiny and the yard permissions. Seems private yards are the only untouched hunting ground theses days. Hunting with a buddy with that many years experience should help with any learning curves you may have. The tin is a very cool find and is on my list for sure. Good luck, Mark

I purposely held off on yards last year due to the pandemic. Plus, I believe hunting ground that had been pounded forced me to slow down, focus, and have patience. The tin was completely taco'd so you couldn't see the writing. I almost slipped it in "garbage" pocket, but then thought better of it and decided to pry it open. It actually cleaned up quite nicely and will be a conversation piece, if not a nice display piece.

Well it sounds like you had a good time. Nice job on the silver, and the tin it's still on my bucket list. Just imagine a dollar back in that day was a lot of money! Here's a list of average hourly wages that I pulled off line. Poor guy had to work almost half a day.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210610-105426_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210610-105426_Chrome.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 454
Congrats on the bucket lister and the silver! I found one of those tins in a coworkers backyard a couple years back. At the time I had no idea what it was, he googled it after I left and told me to do the same... I did and then I asked him what the heck goes on at his house lol.

Well it sounds like you had a good time. Nice job on the silver, and the tin it's still on my bucket list. Just imagine a dollar back in that day was a lot of money! Here's a list of average hourly wages that I pulled off line. Poor guy had to work almost half a day.

According to an online calculator I used Dan, $1 in 1920 is equivalent to $13.46 in 1921. Doing a quick google search, one can buy 3 TrojanEnz condoms online from CVS for $6.99. So, yippy, the cost of being happy has actually been cut in half over the last Century!!!

Congrats on the bucket lister and the silver! I found one of those tins in a coworkers backyard a couple years back. At the time I had no idea what it was, he googled it after I left and told me to do the same... I did and then I asked him what the heck goes on at his house lol.

It would sure be interesting to hear the stories if these little tins could talk! Salacious!

Back
Top Bottom