Finally, after two years: First ring...

Longshot

Edit: I tested the chain and its fake. It help up longer in the 10k, but definitely a fake 14k chain.

For those of you who are extremely discouraged and ready to give up on the hobby, allow me to offer you some hope.

In my first two years with my Equinox and literally hundreds of hours on the beach, I found small 5 silver jewelry pieces (4 earrings and a pendant) and one 3 gram 9ct gold charm. I also found some cool relics like a Model-T hubcap, some shotgun shell caps from late 1800s (or early 1900s) and two meteorites.

Two days ago I decided to try an old lake that people used to swim but has since turned into a drained mud pit where kids hang out and toss trash into. I damn near got stuck in the mud a few times. I had one decent signal which turned out to be my first gold ring! Such a good feeling!

The next night, I decided to head back to the oh-so-discouraging beach. It was high tide and soft sand, but I found a spot that had lots of junk targets like nails and such. I pulled up lead Indian Sanskrit coin with an elephant on the back, followed by a junk gold colored ring with hearts and finally a heavy gold colored men's chain. I assumed it was stainless because the charm says stainless (but gold colored). I don't find gold and wouldn't find it two days in a row at separate places. I was wrong because the chain says 14k. The thing weighs 23 grams! Not sure what is going on, but I'm glad I'm finally finding some gold.

It took two years, but as you guys here have told me... Just stay at it!

The last picture is my treasure chest finally getting fed. My goal is to fill that thing up.... and upgrade it to a bigger one! :D

Attachments

• 20210609_124038.jpg
    20210609_124038.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 674
  • 20210609_111031.jpg
    20210609_111031.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 632
  • 20210609_130152.jpg
    20210609_130152.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 631
Last edited:
Great story! While I think its great when people post their finds (gives me added motivation), what they don't show you is the countless hours of futility before hitting something good. Keep it up...now I want to go to the beach!

Congrats on your first gold ring.... took me 3 weeks to find my first... I thought that was a long time...:D

I'm a little concerned about the chain though unless its s shadow I see grey area's I would think it would weight more than the 23 grams as well...

Nice ring ! The chain in the 1st pic looks good. But in your hand it does not. Try a magnet 1st , then acid test it. A 14k chain that big will weigh more than 23 grams. When you roll a chain in your hand , over time , you can "feel" gold. With that being said , the fakes have been getting better over the last few years.....GL !

I acid tested the chain and its fake. =/ At least I'm still in the ring club!

We all find them.. cheap people buy fake junk :lol:

I found a nice 18k heavy ring with a large fake diamond... can't get any cheaper than that :lol:

Your chain is not 10k either... some brass will test good at 10k..

I hate fake gold. Ya brass ones can hold up to 10k. Heartbreaker all these Posers want ya look gangster with a $50 chain….. or less. Great hunt non the less

Love the treasure chest!

Took me 3 months once I started water hunting to find my first gold ring. I'll never for-get where I found it, and pulling it out of the scoop. Still can picture it in my mind.

Bummer on the chain. I have had the same issue with a couple rings but then again Everything That Glitters Is Not Gold. Nice job on the ring love the little treasure chest.

Nice work! I am going shopping for a pirate's chest to hold my treasures. No gold yet but a few pieces of silver.

:dingding: Nice looking ring! Bummer on the chain but we've all been there with those.

Nice ring! :extrahappy: I'm still looking for my first gold... Hopefully, Chinese plated stuff isn't the same in S. Korea.

Josh

I reckon that chain is gold filled, which means it isn't filled with gold but another metal.
Keep it, one day even that amount of gold with be worth melting down

congrats on the gold... don't worry about the2 year thing.. there is 1 guy on here that has found 1 ring in fhe last 20 years, and 1 fake chain. can't remember his name but he always post photos of his scoops laid out on the bed

Welcome to the fake gold chain club!, this one was exciting for me for a minute lol

Attachments

• 2FC6DF2A-A251-40EB-88DF-227028D7A27D.jpg
    2FC6DF2A-A251-40EB-88DF-227028D7A27D.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 522
Back
Top Bottom