Rubber baby buggy bumpers! Garrett mod..

Ice Scratcher

Elite Member
Well Garrett replaced my ATP with a brand new one, and I don't want to ever send it back again. I made a bumper out of a piece of a bungee cord and a zip tie. Melted holes through the rubber and fastened it with a zip tie. The zip tie was turned inside out so it did not stick out...

Now no matter how I lay my ATP down, or if it tips over, the impact will be helped by the rubber. I hunt around a lot of sidewalks, and it is easier to set it on the pavement because you don't have to worry about dog stuff.. Now no more scratches either...

IMG_4336_zps2ce5cf68.jpg

IMG_4346_zps53bd83b5.jpg

IMG_4327_zps34296cca.jpg

IMG_4326_zps59347b52.jpg

IMG_4325_zpscdedff58.jpg

IMG_4324_zps0684376e.jpg

IMG_4322_zpsd94119ea.jpg

IMG_4337_zps1806baac.jpg

Might save me from a flooded control box some day??

Good luck all!!

<*)))>{

Great idea Ice Scratcher! Nice work too! Looks great! You might be on to something there!

Thanks guys glad you like it!!

I have one upped that mod, and will have pictures of that soon too....

<*)))>{

Nice Mod:

What happened to your old A. T. P.

And why did they send you a NEW Vs fixing the other one.

How old was it?

Do you think the NEW one is any Quicker, Faster. Smarter, Stronger, Better?

Bungee cord?

Hey Ice --

Very nice looking mod, and a great idea. But what kind of bungee cord is that? Guess I'm a real novice on bungee cords. When I hear or think about bungee cords, they all look like the one below. So where do you get one like that? What do they typically run pricewise?
Thx
Rich

Attachments

• bungee_cord_plastic_hooks.jpg
    bungee_cord_plastic_hooks.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,683
Hey Ice --

Very nice looking mod, and a great idea. But what kind of bungee cord is that? Guess I'm a real novice on bungee cords. When I hear or think about bungee cords, they all look like the one below. So where do you get one like that? What do they typically run pricewise?
Thx
Rich

Home Depot has them for around $2.98.. I'm sure they're priced similar elsewhere as well

Back
Top Bottom