First Gold Coin

Awesome recovery! Congrats on the amazing find! Looks like the plow luckily missed it over the years. Being a tiny coin helps I'm sure.

Thanks everyone! Yeah Many years of detecting and I really don’t find much gold - if I do it’s obviously jewelry and gold plated or something. I don’t do beach detecting - I wish I could. A ton of silver and copper for sure!

So the coin was about 8 inches deep. On my etrac it came up as 12-11. I use a DETECH Excelerator EQ2 Pro 10x14 Double D coil. I absolutely LOVE this coil. Highly recommend. 😀

Wow, great find.
This is the second gold dollar coin found within a hundred miles of me this spring. Last one was to the west now one to the east.

Hoping I'm in the middle for the next one. lol

The old “walking back to the car” find ! Always seem to be the best ! Congrats and envy !

Congratulations! On a night hunt no less! Very cool things seem to happen when the World is asleep. Little metal discs are like baby turtles...they feel safe enough to come up a bit at night for some reason...Once, under a Full Moon, I witnessed a whole hatching of Barber Quarters flipping themselves across a parking lot...damndest thing!

Just curious if you had it authenticated at a reputable coin shop. I remember reading several forum posts of counterfeit 1853 gold dollars. Some were actually made of gold though.

So Awesome! Still a bucket lister for sure! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom