• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

2019 Rings, Jewelry, and other "precious" finds!

LovestheShiny!

Forum Supporter
Well, I'm kinda sad looking out at snow and frozen ground, plus a gimpy right leg at present, so thought I post pics of my 2019 jewelry and ring finds, along with a few buttons and odds and ends, all found this year in Montana with my AT Pro.

I was a bit surprised at the quantity I did find, as I usually just stuff them on a shelf in a glass case, but definitely no complaints from me. I did get 3 Gold rings this year, lots of Sterling rings, a Sterling thimble, and some neat vintage costume rings and jewelry. The flat Sterling religious medals I put into 2 x 2 holders and they go into clear pages in a 3 ring binder with my silver coin finds and old coin finds.

Happy hunting to all who are still able to detect, and thanks for your interest!

Attachments

• rings1.jpg
    rings1.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 393
  • rings2.jpg
    rings2.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 288
  • rings3.jpg
    rings3.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 302
  • rings4.jpg
    rings4.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 303
  • rings5.jpg
    rings5.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 298
Last edited:
You could make the Garrett website with that yearly haul...Can’t say anyone will post a nicer pile of jewlery,but my moneys on yours.lol..Congrats on the pile and the dedication to get it ..

You could make the Garrett website with that yearly haul...Can’t say anyone will post a nicer pile of jewlery,but my moneys on yours.lol..Congrats on the pile and the dedication to get it ..

Thank you woodbutcher! Appreciate your kind words, and yes, it took a fair amount of dirt fishing to reel these beauties in! :)

That is am amazing assortment of jewelry!! Holy cow! That is way more than I have found in 4 years lol. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

That Bling pile David is very impressive. Not only in quantity but some very nice quality. Sterling, Gold and the Unique really make the eyes open. Congrats my friend on a season for of adventures and memories in your finds. Trapper

That is am amazing assortment of jewelry!! Holy cow! That is way more than I have found in 4 years lol. Congrats!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks Ben!

That Bling pile David is very impressive. Not only in quantity but some very nice quality. Sterling, Gold and the Unique really make the eyes open. Congrats my friend on a season for of adventures and memories in your finds. Trapper

Thank you Trapper! Glad to see you have been able to pull more silvers. I did find one I missed in my coins, a 1944 Merc Dime, so have ended up with 221 this year.

Last edited:
Good Lord man, that's one heck of a pile you've found. Nice work!

You must have put some serious time in detecting this year.

Good Lord man, that's one heck of a pile you've found. Nice work!

You must have put some serious time in detecting this year.

Thank you Estima8tor! Yes, I did do some "serious time" detecting this year. We have from March thru November to detect here in Western Montana, basically 3 months (Dec-Feb) are pretty much out of the question. My best year for Silvers, Indian Head cents, Buff nickels, wheaties and more!

Congrats! I hope you do a year-end totals thread of all your silver and other old coins you found this year; that would be a pretty sweet thread! :research: :shock:

Wow! What a great quantity and variety of finds. Where do you think the majority of those came from...shcools parks or ?

Congrats! I hope you do a year-end totals thread of all your silver and other old coins you found this year; that would be a pretty sweet thread! :research: :shock:

Thank you Wolf-Dog, and yes, I do plan a year end summary soon!

Wow! What a great quantity and variety of finds. Where do you think the majority of those came from...shcools parks or ?

Thank you NCtoad! Everything I've found has come from curb strips and private yards. The parks where I live and in nearby towns have been hit hard and are not that old, and actually in Missoula you need a permit to detect and NO digging allowed, surface finds only, no sense wasting time on that! I detect, like you do, for older coins and silver, the rings and jewelry have been found as part of that search.

Back
Top Bottom