Placed in quarantine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally, I have no problem maintaining social distance. But I live in the middle of nowhere and I can travel to numerous local detector sites without ever seeing another soul. In my case, it's easy to be a holy man when you're siting alone on a mountain top.

I think there has been too much focus on potential death toll. What I see as the looming issue is the 1 in 5 statistic of people needing in-hospital care. That's where we get into a triage situation, and even if you present at a hospital for non-virus related medical issue, there may be no room at the inn. Link that to the just-in-time supply chain and the chronic deficiencies in mask, gloves, gowns, (TP?) etc, and significant declines in available rural medical facilities. For my self and family, I would just as soon avoid having intake staff deciding they don't have space to save my life.

Just one mans perspective, but I've learned over the years that it's a lot easier to avoid a problem than it is to fix one.

JP

Ah yes, the old "any decent person" argument. Ugh. Because what "decent person" would ask questions instead of believing whatever is spewed and doing what they're told, right? Right in line with "How dare you!". Nothing there... I'll not stay home, so save your demands for the flock and whoever it is that is under your command, because it sure shooting isn't me.

The burden of proof is on those who believe what's being said, yet there is still none.

Why are those "in charge" holding press conferences with dozens of reporters and 10 people on stage packed together like sardines, with ZERO steps for their own protection being taken? Just one of the myriad of questions one should be asking, instead of stacking TP and macaroni.

I get you guys are scared, it's what you're being told to do, but some have to look around at the big picture. This flu isn't the big picture.

You know, we are quite tolerant here, but your continued conspiracy theories and denials of the facts because of lack of satisfactory proof (to you) are stretching our tolerance limits. I beg you, don't push our limits further, lest we are forced to take action.

Ah yes, the old "any decent person" argument. Ugh. Because what "decent person" would ask questions instead of believing whatever is spewed and doing what they're told, right? Right in line with "How dare you!". Nothing there... I'll not stay home, so save your demands for the flock and whoever it is that is under your command, because it sure shooting isn't me.

The burden of proof is on those who believe what's being said, yet there is still none.

Why are those "in charge" holding press conferences with dozens of reporters and 10 people on stage packed together like sardines, with ZERO steps for their own protection being taken? Just one of the myriad of questions one should be asking, instead of stacking TP and macaroni.

I get you guys are scared, it's what you're being told to do, but some have to look around at the big picture. This flu isn't the big picture.
It's a novel virus to humans and it mutates rather quickly...do you understand what that actually means? Do you know how our immune system works? It's a "no lose" situation for people like you. If citizens actually practice social distancing and self-isolation, thereby helping to flatten the curve and/or lower the number of people infected (and thereby also lowering the number of people who die)...you'll simply say "See, I told you so".

You know, we are quite tolerant here, but your continued conspiracy theories and denials of the facts because of lack of satisfactory proof (to you) are stretching our tolerance limits. I beg you, don't push our limits further, lest we are forced to take action.

I don't understand the intolerance for discussion. I guess I'll save you big dogs the trouble and take action myself, instead of being censored and silenced because the almighty moderators don't agree with my opinions, since we're not allowed to have them here any longer apparently. Shame you'll be the only one to see this reply as well, since you'll inevitably delete it. Best of luck and nice job ruining a once great community. :chaplin:

I don't understand the intolerance for discussion. I guess I'll save you big dogs the trouble and take action myself, instead of being censored and silenced because the almighty moderators don't agree with my opinions, since we're not allowed to have them here any longer apparently. Shame you'll be the only one to see this reply as well, since you'll inevitably delete it. Best of luck and nice job ruining a once great community. :chaplin:

Sorry you feel this way.

Oldsjunky.... Elletsville? My xwife who I still live with likely knows you it went to school with you. Interesting neck of the woods. Lived in Bloomington a good many years.

I’m taking this virus serious. I already have one family member with it. I get a little concerned test kits were/are slowly being made available. Is it political who knows. Doesn’t appear so when you consider the whole world is scrambling on this one. I don’t believe all these countries would tank their economies on a whim of untruth. We love the right to not be told what to do.... that alone should be good for a couple of thousand deaths. This is one time as an old man I’ll be a sheep lol

On my last day of work before self quarantine they were constructing triage tents at our local hospital. I know one person that has it and she’s 23/24. It’s given her pneumonia. I’m on day 8 of my significant other being sick. Unable to get a test.

When disney closed without being ordered to, that convinced me that this is a serious threat...... it has to be for a darn good reason.

Tom,do you think it’s a hoax? I just saw California is under state lockdown,is that true?

Jim & butcher : So let me see if I understand this correctly : a "lockdown" validates that it's not a hoax, right ? But don't rule out that a "lockdown" could merely be the result of "crowds draw crowds" psychology too. Right ? :?:

Example : I know someone who saw that no one was going to the favorite restaurant right-down the street from his house. Because he passed by, and saw almost no-cars in the parking lot. So guess what follows next ? : That just furthered his resolve to figure "something must therefore be going on", and "I'm therefore not going to that restaurant". Ok, sure, but don't you see the "crowds draw crowds" psychology right-at-work in that very example ? Because by my friend not going there, then .... presto, one less car in the parking lot, and all-the-more that passerbys likewise follow-suit. It just a self-fulfilling loop. See ?

Another example: The store shelves being depleted of toilet paper : Same "crowds draw crowds" psychology at work : The moment anyone hears of a "run on toilet-paper at the market", guess what they're going to do ? RUSH OUT AND BUY UP ALL THE TOILET PAPER THEY CAN. :roll: Hence merely contributing to the same vicious circle that caused them to buy it .... IN THE FIRST PLACE.

All of this is NOT to say that something might-not-be-serious. It's only to say that the "hysteria" doesn't, of-itself, prove that "something is up". Because as I've outlined here : Hysteria can merely be the result of crowds-draw-crowds psychology. And the "links lead to links" psychology.

Rudy, I respect your job as moderator, to make this a great forum. But in the case of olds-junkie's input on this topic : His stance is no more to-be-accused of being a "conspiracy theory", than the alternative stance could likewise be labeled "conspiracy" theory either.

Mmmmmmmm, this concerns me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom