I did NOT expect this today...

Fooleeze

I got a permission at an old farm house near me recently. An 1870s home, the owner says it has been detected in the past, but I was welcome to try again. They were incredibly friendly, and enjoyed talking about the history of their home.

So I visit today hoping my newer technology might find some prizes that the last detectorists missed. We'll, I was an hour or so in and hadn't found anything. I then got a loud 70s signal on the AT max, and it pinpointed at about 2 inches. The pinpointer didn't get it from the surface, so it had to be more than 2 inches. This had all of the signs of an aluminum can. But I dug it anyways...boy was I ever wrong.

A US belt buckle?!?!?! I've spent several hundred dollars to take trips to civil war camps and battlefields and never find one of those, and I pulled one out practically in my on back yard. There was no civil war activity in my neck of the woods, so a soldier carried this home with them.

The funny thing is I found almost nothing else of note in that yard. Two modern pennies, a small pin, one broken shard of a crotal bell...that's about it. But I'll take it. I guess you never know what you'll find.

I put this in the eye popping finds because of how completely out of place and unexpected this was.

Attachments

• IMG_20190714_104635.jpg
    IMG_20190714_104635.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 2,740
  • IMG_20190714_104642.jpg
    IMG_20190714_104642.jpg
    107.8 KB · Views: 2,607
Very nice plate Fooleeze..Puppy feet and hook in place too!!

I went to my one and only paid relic hunt/social event many years ago before I realized you can find a lot more stuff for free on your home turf by getting your own permissions and save a ton of money. CONGRATS!!!

Last edited:
:dingding: A dinger and much respect from me for that incredible find - BIG CONGRATS!

Congrats on a very coveted find of many a relic hunter, hooks too!

Sent from my LG-H871S using Tapatalk

Very nice plate Fooleeze..Puppy feet and hook in place too!!

I went to my one and only paid relic hunt/social event many years ago before I realized you can find a lot more stuff for free on your home turf by getting your own permissions and save a ton of money. CONGRATS!!!

Puppy paws are rounded...I believe these would be arrow hooks.
A great find!!

Attachments

• D73A745F-2BC8-4E8D-A69F-DED6149D53AA.jpeg
    D73A745F-2BC8-4E8D-A69F-DED6149D53AA.jpeg
    127.9 KB · Views: 2,005
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom