• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Treasure island!

Shavnore

Elite Member
All of the beaches are shut down here in the Panhandle of Florida, so I decided to take the yak out and hit some of the man made islands that were created by dredging the sound out in the 1920's. I live on the water and see these islands every day, never tried detecting them before. After a 5 min kayak paddle and firing the NOX up, I got a solid 24 in beach 2 mode, was sure it was a dime, dug it anyway and pulled this pretty 925 out! Not sure what the makers mark is, looks like a hooked A, the stone looks nice too! Can't wait to clean it up. Hope everyone else is able to find some socially isolated spots and get to swinging!

HH

788c826698c4b04bbabbd1be45c6adc9.jpg

cc369c8adf90afebf149ae8250d2fd0a.jpg

e1e5f415734dc7a69de81d24838ef6ef.jpg

We were suppose to be down in FL on vacation right now diving for MEG teeth... but of course everything went on shutdown mode. Nice find and good thinking with the yak to get you out and about. I knew that COVID couldn't swim! :boat: HAHA!

Here are some better photos after doing a little cleaning. Open to any cleaning suggestions:)
f5228ae4d14dd298ef4d8573cc4b9ab0.jpg
76d61fd30668b1479bfc111e5b43e04a.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Beautiful ring, I really enjoy polishing silver rings myself. I use Hagerty Silversmiths' polish and a soft cloth.

Beautiful ring, I really enjoy polishing silver rings myself. I use Hagerty Silversmiths' polish and a soft cloth.
Thanks Jim! I will try a cloth to get the larger parts.

Nice going on the silver and thinking out of the box with the kayak. I thought about that too a few days ago but haven't done it yet. Let's see...

Nice going on the silver and thinking out of the box with the kayak. I thought about that too a few days ago but haven't done it yet. Let's see...
Thank you! It's great exercise and you feel like a true pirate

I see Yak Detecting Tours in the works for you

Back
Top Bottom