i bought the f44 with bonus items.

kramdua

1 bonus was a round 4" coil which i just stuck it on a shelf. after hunting a trashy area with a 11" coil i was willing to give it a go. well i tried it today and of course it's a lot of work to cover an area but you can narrow down a dig spot so good you don't need pinpoint. so i am impressed with it if i use it in a trashy area. take care and for me in the woods detecting and going to the battlefields to hike the trails keeps me virus free.

Attachments

• 20200320_120101_resized.jpg
    20200320_120101_resized.jpg
    146.7 KB · Views: 304
1 bonus was a round 4" coil which i just stuck it on a shelf. after hunting a trashy area with a 11" coil i was willing to give it a go. well i tried it today and of course it's a lot of work to cover an area but you can narrow down a dig spot so good you don't need pinpoint. so i am impressed with it if i use it in a trashy area. take care and for me in the woods detecting and going to the battlefields to hike the trails keeps me virus free.

You should find it easier to get close to play ground equipment and metal fences as well.

Congrats on the success with the 4 inch coil ! :thumbsup:

….and very smart to hunt areas where it is easier to practice "social distancing" and stay safer from the Coronavirus !

4" coil

good point.

I have a 4" coil for my Fisher F4 and find it can get in a lot closer to metal play ground equipment that the stock coil it came with , same way with long metal chain fences can get much closer. Might also help if you go to a trashy beach , you do have to go slower to cover the same ground . I really enjoy mine been very use full , plan on taking it next time I go to the Philippines because the public beaches are trashy , and use the stock coil on the cleaner tourist beaches.

Glad it's working out for you! Always good to get family involved, especially outdoors. I too am looking at getting a smaller coil. I tried the larger option, but didn't see much improvement over my stock pro-coil, plus the few extra ounces didn't agree with me. I've got a good friend here that is coaching me and I may be getting an 8" soon. Stay safe, healthy and HH, from WC Arkansas!

Congrats on the new detector. I don't like using anything smaller than 6" because it takes forever to cover any ground BUT there are places my 4" and 5" coils really produce.

Back
Top Bottom