• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

On the REAL NEED for SOCIAL DISTANCING

Rudy

Admin
Let me begin by saying that my heart goes out to the Fusco family.

I post this story because so many people are ignoring the need for social distancing if we are to reverse the infection trend we are on.

I have two wonderful grand kida, but for the last 3 weeks, we have not gotten together because of the virus.

This is the story

Grace Fusco — mother of 11, grandmother of 27 — would sit in the same pew at church each Sunday,
surrounded by nearly a dozen members of her sprawling Italian American family.
Sunday dinners drew an even larger crowd to her home in central New Jersey.

Now, her close-knit clan is united anew by unspeakable grief: Fusco, 73, died
Wednesday night after contracting the coronavirus — hours after her son died
from the virus and five days after her daughter’s death, a relative said.

Four other children who contracted coronavirus remain hospitalized, three of them
in critical condition, the relative, Roseann Paradiso Fodera, said.

Fusco’s eldest child, Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, of Freehold, New Jersey, died Friday;
after her death, the family learned she had contracted the virus. Fusco’s eldest
son, Carmine Fusco, of Bath, Pennsylvania, died Wednesday, said Paradiso Fodera,
the family’s lawyer, who is Grace Fusco’s cousin and is serving as a spokeswoman.

Fusco, of Freehold, died after spending Wednesday “gravely ill” and breathing with
help from a ventilator, unaware that her two oldest children had died, Paradiso Fodera said.

Nearly 20 other relatives are quarantined at their homes, praying in isolated
solitude, unable to mourn their deep collective loss together.

The tradition of extended family get togethers is strong in Italian families and I wonder
if it has been one of the reasons Italy has had so many coronavirus related deaths.

That is a heartbreaking story Rudy..

It does make one wonder if genetics also have a say on this virus, to lose so many from one family.

The tradition of extended family get togethers is strong in Italian families and I wonder
if it has been one of the reasons Italy has had so many coronavirus related deaths.

Let me begin by saying that my heart goes out to the Fusco family.

I post this story because so many people are ignoring the need for social distancing if we are to reverse the infection trend we are on.

I have two wonderful grand kida, but for the last 3 weeks, we have not gotten together because of the virus.

This is the story

Grace Fusco — mother of 11, grandmother of 27 — would sit in the same pew at church each Sunday,
surrounded by nearly a dozen members of her sprawling Italian American family.
Sunday dinners drew an even larger crowd to her home in central New Jersey.

Now, her close-knit clan is united anew by unspeakable grief: Fusco, 73, died
Wednesday night after contracting the coronavirus — hours after her son died
from the virus and five days after her daughter’s death, a relative said.

Four other children who contracted coronavirus remain hospitalized, three of them
in critical condition, the relative, Roseann Paradiso Fodera, said.

Fusco’s eldest child, Rita Fusco-Jackson, 55, of Freehold, New Jersey, died Friday;
after her death, the family learned she had contracted the virus. Fusco’s eldest
son, Carmine Fusco, of Bath, Pennsylvania, died Wednesday, said Paradiso Fodera,
the family’s lawyer, who is Grace Fusco’s cousin and is serving as a spokeswoman.

Fusco, of Freehold, died after spending Wednesday “gravely ill” and breathing with
help from a ventilator, unaware that her two oldest children had died, Paradiso Fodera said.

Nearly 20 other relatives are quarantined at their homes, praying in isolated
solitude, unable to mourn their deep collective loss together.

The large family tradition probably contributed no doubt, but my understanding Italy has the largest population of Chinese compared to any other country in Europe and lots of travel back and forth to China.

The large family tradition probably contributed no doubt, but my understanding Italy has the largest population of Chinese compared to any other country in Europe and lots of travel back and forth to China.

I may be misunderstanding what you are trying to refer to, but just to be clear, this family lives in the New Jersey area, not Italy. They did not travel to Italy or China. It appears one of the family members had contact with another New Jersey resident who was the first person to die in NJ from the virus.

By the way, a fourth family member died a couple days ago, with several more critically ill in the hospital: NBC News:Coronavirus shatters New Jersey family, kills 4 with 3 more hospitalized

Freehold NJ is not in Italy. In any case, the major ethnic group in Italy is the Italians, who account for 95% (above 60 millions) of the total population of Italy. The remaining 5% of the population consists of ethnicities like Albanians, Romanians, Ukrainians and other Europeans (2.5%); Africans (1.5%) and several other minorities (1%). Of those, the Chinese account for 0.53% or roughly half of that 1%..

I believe France has a larger number of Chinese than Italy does.

We had a young man die here in our local hospital in Northeast LA, he lived in the country I don't understand how he was infected . We have another case also . I wonder if could be in the air the reason it is spreading like wild fire. God Bless us here in the USA and the world.

11 of the cases here in Mexico are from people that went skiing in Colorado a few weeks ago...

Our first case here in Colorado was from a US citizen who was not from Colorado.
He had recently flown from Italy to JFK airport and on to Colorado for a ski trip. He started to have symptoms after arriving in Aspen, Colorado. This person infected dozens of people in Summit County who left there and went all over the country and beyond. It is possible that some of the cases in Australia came from this man as several Aussies got sick right after leaving the same ski area he was staying at. A ban on US Domestic flights should have gone into affect already!!!!

Jeff

Back
Top Bottom