Attachments

• March 18 20 Silver RIng.jpg
    March 18 20 Silver RIng.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 645
  • Cub Scout cartoon.jpg
    Cub Scout cartoon.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 624
Lol at Shelly & Carrot cartoon!

Awesome ring, I hope to find one of those some day, bucket lister!

Congrats Kapi and thanks for the laugh.

Congratulations. I posted one I found about a year ago. I carry it with me all the time. It's a great conversation piece. Something easy to show if someone asks what kind of things you find.

I e been looking for 1 for a long time. I did my time and now my oldest is a cub, my youngest will be joining soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Drool.

I'm still lacking any scout relics. It doesn't get any better than a silver scout ring.

We used to find a lot of those in the 1970s, when working-elementary school yards was the only places we ever thought to go to. But in recent decades, I don't recall ever finding a single one of those silver scout rings.

Yes!!! One of my favorite finds. I like the ocean blackened look of yours.

Attachments

• 20171104_180105_copy_800x600.jpg
    20171104_180105_copy_800x600.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 489
  • 20171104_180110_copy_800x600.jpg
    20171104_180110_copy_800x600.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 484
You joke about finding a personal Scout item after 50 years but it happened to ME!

1964 at my first Boy Scout troop meeting I lost my kerchief slide about halfway through the meeting. Our meetings were held outdoors and we stood in patrol so it should have been right at my feet. But it wasn’t there

My family didn’t have a lot of money and my folks scrimped and scraped to buy me that uniform and I caught lots of grief for losing that item. For 4 months every spare moment I had I biked over and looked but no luck. Then I transferred to another troop and it was lost.

50 years later I was driving past the location Nd on a whim I pulled in. Grabbed a machine and walked to where I believed I had stood. 4 swings Nd I got a signal. 4 inches down in black mud was my lost trinket. Just wish my folks were alive to share my joy.

You joke about finding a personal Scout item after 50 years but it happened to ME!

1964 at my first Boy Scout troop meeting I lost my kerchief slide about halfway through the meeting. Our meetings were held outdoors and we stood in patrol so it should have been right at my feet. But it wasn’t there

My family didn’t have a lot of money and my folks scrimped and scraped to buy me that uniform and I caught lots of grief for losing that item. For 4 months every spare moment I had I biked over and looked but no luck. Then I transferred to another troop and it was lost.

50 years later I was driving past the location Nd on a whim I pulled in. Grabbed a machine and walked to where I believed I had stood. 4 swings Nd I got a signal. 4 inches down in black mud was my lost trinket. Just wish my folks were alive to share my joy.

what a great post !

Nice find........
I haven't found a Cub Scout ring yet but a few years ago I dug this sterling silver Girl Scout ring.

Attachments

• IMG_0649.JPG
    IMG_0649.JPG
    129.3 KB · Views: 308
Lol at Shelly & Carrot cartoon!

Awesome ring, I hope to find one of those some day, bucket lister!

Congrats Kapi and thanks for the laugh.

Thanks! Love the feedback on the cartoon too :) Much appreciated!

If I found that, I would so wear it. Way cool.

It's pretty small :)

Nice find there Barb! :yes:

Thanks Felix! Someone asked if you were Mr. Shell... Not sure how to answer that! LOL

Nice old ring! Musta been out there for a while, looks quite worn.

Thanks! Sure was there a long time.

Congratulations. I posted one I found about a year ago. I carry it with me all the time. It's a great conversation piece. Something easy to show if someone asks what kind of things you find.

Now that is neat! If I carried it around I'd probably lose it :laughing:

I e been looking for 1 for a long time. I did my time and now my oldest is a cub, my youngest will be joining soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's awesome!

Drool.

I'm still lacking any scout relics. It doesn't get any better than a silver scout ring.

If only they had gold ones.... :laughing:

We used to find a lot of those in the 1970s, when working-elementary school yards was the only places we ever thought to go to. But in recent decades, I don't recall ever finding a single one of those silver scout rings.

I've found a few on our beaches, never found a slide until this year too :)

Pretty exciting find. Thanks for adding the cartoon I love it.

Thanks for the feedback, you made my day :)

Yes!!! One of my favorite finds. I like the ocean blackened look of yours.

Thanks!

For years a silver scout ring has been high on my bucket list and still is.
Don't know why, I just want one bad so...jelly.
CongratZ!

Hope ya get one soon :)

Cool ring to find! Nice cartooning. Carrot looks spiffy in his little scout uniform. :lol:

Aww thanks for the feedback on the cartoon :) Made my day!

Is the guy on the right Mudpuppy? Asking for a friend.

Nice ring! I have found plenty of sliders, but never ring.

I've found a few of them but never found a slider until this year :) As for Mudpuppy, I'll have to let him answer that :)

Now THAT is awesome! My mom lost her engagement ring in our yard back in Jersey when I was 10. She's not sure if she lost it pulling weeds or feeding the neighbors dog. Often wondered if I'd find it if I went back... Our yard was prestine and clear of most junk but it's not our house anymore so would have to get permission and the neighbors yard was like Sanford and Sons place... :laughing: and would be a nightmare to search

I was lucky enough to cross that one off my list this year, congrats on the cool ring!

Thanks!

Nice find........
I haven't found a Cub Scout ring yet but a few years ago I dug this sterling silver Girl Scout ring.

That one is neat!

Back
Top Bottom