• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Month in Review - June '22

MD Not A Dr

Hey there everyone! Earlier this month I really decided to dive into metal detecting and it has NOT been disappointing. After doing some research I decided on the Simplex, and patiently awaited its arrival on the island. It arrived on the 7th, and the very next evening I was out for my first hunt!

After a few times out to the beach, I had accumulated many tent stakes, bottle caps, and almost a whole dollar in clad! But even more importantly, I was starting to understand the machine.

About a week after having received my new toy, I took it over to a different beach. Things were going pretty well. I was beginning to know when not to dig those pesky bottle caps, and I had already accumulated a couple of coins. A nice, solid 68 pings on my Simplex, and I was looking forward to digging up another penny. A coin's a coin, right?

But this was no mere penny. I see inside my scoop something... gray? I reach in to pull it out when I see an opal (badly damaged from the sand and salt, poor thing.) I examine the ring to see it: 925! Success! My first silver!

I would continue to go between a couple of beaches when I had time over the next few weeks. The beaches have given up a whole host of goodies since: 2 more silver rings, 6 non-precious metal rings, a dragon head of an undetermined metal (my favorite relic thus far) and...

My very first gold! A nice Guam pendant on a 22" chain, both 14k.

So I do have to say, I am so glad to have gotten into this wonderful hobby and greatly look forward to what the future holds!

Attachments

• IMG_1225.jpg
    IMG_1225.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_1226.jpg
    IMG_1226.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_1227.jpg
    IMG_1227.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1230.jpg
    IMG_1230.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_1232.jpg
    IMG_1232.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 293
Wow awesome. You just paid for that detector 4 times over. That pendant and chain is ...cha-ching on line. I actually really like that boy/girl ring...lol HH!!

Wow awesome. You just paid for that detector 4 times over. That pendant and chain is ...cha-ching on line. I actually really like that boy/girl ring...lol HH!!

Thank you! The pendant and chain are actually fairly light unfortunately. They weighed in at just shy of 4 grams. And the kissing couple ring was actually the very first one I found!

And thank you all for being so welcoming and supportive. This really seems like a great community to be a part of!

You are on to a great start. Good detector, learning it and a very good location. All good items for success.

Have fun.

Back
Top Bottom