New permission giving up the silver

jerr-man

Forum Supporter
Headed out after work tonight and had a GREAT HUNT by my standards. Getting dark here by about 630 so had about an hour and a half. This is my second trip back to this permission which has a HUGE yard. Probably an acre. Started off slow, didn't even get a good signal for about 30 minutes then finally hit a 12/43, 3", under a tree root of course. Dug down and BOOM BABY, 1901 O Barber Dime. WAHOOOO!!! SILVER !!!!. Stood up and started to swing, instantly got a 12/44, 6" hmm. Dug down and BOOM BABY, 1897 Barber dime. WAHOOO!!! Two silver hunt. Started working that area, walked about 20 feet and got a 12/35, 7", out pops 1897 Indian. Stood up and walked around a huge tree, ANOTHER 12/35, 6". WHAT ? Dug down and out comes a 1897 Indian. I continued around this tree, another 1235, 7", out comes the 1893 Indian. WOW, this has turned into one of my best hunts in a long time. Continued around this tree and got a 12/44 signal, 3", out comes a foreign coin or token. Not sure what it is. Will have to research this one. It came out of the ground shiny so might even be SILVER. It was getting pretty dark by this time so started heading back to the truck. Went about 30 foot, got a 12/45, 9". I am thinking do I really want to dig a 9" target in the dark. I DID, and I sure am happy I did. Out comes an 1878 CC Seated Dime. WHAT, I haven't found a seated in awhile. I am doing my happy dance in the dark !!!!! What a GREAT HUNT !!!. Cant wait to get back there.
I was running the CTX3030 in Coins, Ground Coin, Fast On, +3, Combined Tones.

Attachments

• DSC01864.JPG
    DSC01864.JPG
    87.5 KB · Views: 276
  • DSC01865.JPG
    DSC01865.JPG
    82.6 KB · Views: 237
  • DSC01866.JPG
    DSC01866.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 249
WOW !
7 KEEPER COINS (ON THE SCRABBLE LETTER BOARD)
in under an hour.... better hit it hard, several, more times.
sounds like great property !!

WOW !
7 KEEPER COINS (ON THE SCRABBLE LETTER BOARD)
in under an hour.... better hit it hard, several, more times.
sounds like great property !!

lol, Thanks Dick, it was really about an hour and a half but WAHOOO what fun!!

Most definitely a killer hunt. Hunts that successful have been known to wreck a fella lol.

That is a fantastic hunt Jerry and that's by anybody's standards. Congrats on the small Indian tribe, the 2 barbers and the Seated CC Dime. If you give us a close up on that foreign coin we might be able help identify it. I do understand having a great permission like yours and I'm on edge waiting for your return trip. Trapper

That is a fantastic hunt Jerry and that's by anybody's standards. Congrats on the small Indian tribe, the 2 barbers and the Seated CC Dime. If you give us a close up on that foreign coin we might be able help identify it. I do understand having a great permission like yours and I'm on edge waiting for your return trip. Trapper

Thanks Trapper, here are some pictures of the foreign coin/token, whatever it is. My camera doesn't take close up pictures well.

Attachments

• DSC01871.JPG
    DSC01871.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 185
  • DSC01872.JPG
    DSC01872.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 185
The coin Jerry is a Japanese 1 yen coin.
Composition‎: ‎100% Aluminum
Value‎: ‎1 Japanese yen
Years of minting‎: ‎1955–present
Diameter‎: ‎20 mm
Was hoping to give you better news. Trapper

I'D TAKE THAT HOUR ANYTIME. :shock: CONGRAT'S ON THEM GREAT FINDS
Thank You

The coin Jerry is a Japanese 1 yen coin.
Composition‎: ‎100% Aluminum
Value‎: ‎1 Japanese yen
Years of minting‎: ‎1955–present
Diameter‎: ‎20 mm
Was hoping to give you better news. Trapper

YOUR AWESOME Trapper, Thank You!!
Those are the real deal in old coins...congrats!

Thank You, hope I have more to show soon.

Back
Top Bottom