How Much Has The Ace 250 Changed Over The Years?

urbex

I recently bought a used Garrett Ace 250 online that was almost brand new and had been sitting in a closet. Price paid was $145 and it came with headphones and a smaller soft case. From the serial number I found out this unit was manufactured in 2007 making it 11 years old. My question is; how many updates might have happened in those 11 years that I might be missing out on? Is it the same detector or are the new ones better now?

I recently bought a used Garrett Ace 250 online that was almost brand new and had been sitting in a closet. Price paid was $145 and it came with headphones and a smaller soft case. From the serial number I found out this unit was manufactured in 2007 making it 11 years old. My question is; how many updates might have happened in those 11 years that I might be missing out on? Is it the same detector or are the new ones better now?

Dont worry about it or overthink this.....just get it out and hunt..Lots of us are using 07 or earlier vintage rigs and knocking down stinky jack on the daily...It aint the bow, its the Indian...

Ace series is never updated, other than a new md entirely. They are too low price to do updates, so even if your md were from 2004 when they first came out it wouldn’t make a difference.

When I started out in 2009 or something Ace 250 was my first detector which I was fortunate enough to find loads of gold jewelry with it and silver coins. Just need to be at right place at right time. Its a great beginning machine. I still use mine at totlots and sometimes dry sand.

Back
Top Bottom