Treasurepro

Sorry to say this but I owned two Treasure Pros. I was expecting too much from this model I guess. The stock DD coil gets a big thumbs down from me. The aftermarket Detech coils really helped with depth and target ID accuracy. Those coils could not help the sluggish recovery speed and poor target separation. Its display and audio were excellent. Personally, I liked the Treasure Master better even though it had less features??????? For the money, I would go with a Nokta Makro Simplex or a Minelab Vanquish. They do not detect like entry level detectors which is what the TreasurePro really is unfortunately.

Jeff

I got one and I do love it and always have it when I go MD with 2 other MD.

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

Copet:
Anyone out there using the Whites Treasurepro? Pro's Con's please and thank you in advance. Happy Hunting

First let me welcome you to the FMDF. I see you just joined on the 11th. You don't have a 'Signature' in your post but I looked at your info and you listed this:

My Detectors
Whites Treasure Pro and a Whites IDX

I don't know how long you've been into this great outdoor sport, but I'm wrapping up my 55th year, and I have been involved in a lot of prototype testing with several manufacturers since '74 to the present. I've also bought or borrowed a lot of detector to stay up with the industry's progress ... or determine who's falling behind.

You listed one of the better model series White's has offered, and that was the 'Classic' series of which the Classic IDX and IDX Pro were the top offering. The last good CEO there and I had several discussions about what they had and the wrong move they made in dropping that line for the replacements.

That was the Prism series that morphed into the Coinmaster series and then they added the two Treasure models. Just looking at the USA manufacturers, the Treasure Pro has an MSRP of $499.95, Garrett offers the Ace 400 for $399, and the Fisher F44 is also $399. Of them I bought an Ace 400 and dumped it quickly due to poor performance and was given a Treasure Pro to check out, and it's leaning on my living room wall. I grab it to compare with other offerings and if it was mine it would have been dumped quickly as well.

I bought an F44 and it remains in my working detector group. Ample features and decent performance. Definitely not a serious Relic Hunting unit for dense iron contaminated sites, but for typical urban Coin Hunting it is a winner. I hve it on-hand as a loaner unit fo friends and family (16 grandkids).

I could go on, but it wouldn't be very pleasing since you have one. The IDX/IDX Pro is the better performing model. You had a reply from Jeff, and believe he has been at this for about 45 years himself and I agree with what he had to say. The display and audio are fine, but the coil choice is terrible, accessory coils are not a good selection, overall performance afield is nothing to brag about.

You asked, and if you want to e-mail me directly with questions I'd be glad to help all I can. It's a terrific hobby, but you need to use decent equipment and get out and use it as often as possible to better learn your gear and search techniques.

Monte

I bought a TreasurePro in the spring of 2018. I HATED that detector from day 1 and sold it soon after.
I'd been using White's detectors since 1983 and the ones I had were very good...….6000di, Eagle II, and M6. Not so the Pro. Very jumpy ID, and wouldn't register a sound on coins I dropped on the ground to test. High tone would turn into a grunt on a two inch coin. Maybe mine was defective but it just didn't perform like I thought it should.

Let’s assume your buying new..treasure pro is $449,and let’s assume you can get one for $400 from a sponsor.
I was looking at the treasure pro a year ago,and probably watched and read everything on it that I could find..And I decided no way.Ive never really been a whites person until lately,been trying them out and they’re really good.But,I feel for $400 you can do much better.
Don’t ever be afraid to buy used here on this forum,some of the most trustworthy people you’ll ever deal with.And $400 can get you a lot of machine in today’s used market.
My vote for used at that price range would go to these machines,you cannot go wrong with any of them.At pro,f75,Xterra 705,mx sport,and if you look hard enough you might find a equinox 600 in your range,they are a few years old now.
If you buy new I would say the two best performing machines are the simplex and the vanquish..Don’t let the price fool you ,I own both and they’re performance is nipping at the heels of much more expensive machines..Good luck on whatever you buy,and keep us posted

Anyone out there using the Whites Treasurepro? Pro's Con's please and thank you in advance. Happy Hunting

I merged the other thread you started with the same subject. Kindly don't crosspost the same thing on multiple forums. ;)

Back
Top Bottom