Just got my first permission

Splix76

Old orchard area where a stream ran thought it 100 years ago before being diverted upstream for agriculture and city use. Possible spot of skirmish between settlers and Indians. I head out today mid day for a few hours, wish me luck!

Unfortunately there is a cell phone tower on the corner of this property. My fisher F2 hates cell phone towers, I can't detect most of the lot. I get my NOX in two weeks and will be back.

Dug quite a bit of trash off the farthest back reaches of the property, but that is outside the area I had hoped to target. The owner said he'll show me around the point out the old areas to me. It sounds like they may have pushed dirt over the dry river bed, which would be a sad bit of news to confirm.

It'll be few weeks but I hope to have another update soon. Today I dug all trash, cans, far equipment parts, lots and lots of pull tabs. Not a single coin or item of value but you got to grind through the trash to find the treasure.

Unfortunately there is a cell phone tower on the corner of this property. My fisher F2 hates cell phone towers, I can't detect most of the lot. I get my NOX in two weeks and will be back.

Dug quite a bit of trash off the farthest back reaches of the property, but that is outside the area I had hoped to target. The owner said he'll show me around the point out the old areas to me. It sounds like they may have pushed dirt over the dry river bed, which would be a sad bit of news to confirm.

It'll be few weeks but I hope to have another update soon. Today I dug all trash, cans, far equipment parts, lots and lots of pull tabs. Not a single coin or item of value but you got to grind through the trash to find the treasure.

There is a park with a great big playground in a town near me and there's a new celltower with shrubbery-looking stuff on it to help it to blend in the neighborhood. It gives off bursts constantly which make it impossible to run the detector now. :mad:

There is a park with a great big playground in a town near me and there's a new celltower with shrubbery-looking stuff on it to help it to blend in the neighborhood. It gives off bursts constantly which make it impossible to run the detector now. :mad:

I'm hoping the NOX 800 ground balance and noise removal features will allow me to detect around towers. We'll see how it goes once I have the new detector. It may be that trips further out of town are required to detect in the near future.

The Fisher F2 runs at about 6 kHz. The Nox seems to mix different amounts of 5 kHz into both the Park and Field modes. You might have to either run in multi-frequency mode with the sensitivity turned down quite a bit (even after noise canceling) or you have to run in a single frequency mode, such as 15 khz. That's actually a pretty good frequency for all-purpose coin/relic hunting, and getting away from 6 kHz very well might eliminate the EMI ---making it possible to run with higher sensitivity.

Last edited:
The Fisher F2 runs at about 6 kHz. The Nox seems to mix different amounts of 5 kHz into both the Park and Field modes. You might have to either run in multi-frequency mode with the sensitivity turned down quite a bit (even after noise canceling) or you have to run in a single frequency mode, such as 15 khz. That's actually a pretty good frequency for all-purpose coin/relic hunting, and getting away from 6 kHz very well might eliminate the EMI ---making it possible to run with higher sensitivity.

Thank you for the advice. I'm very excited to pick up my Nox next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom