• Forum server maintanace tonight.
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Question re privy hunters

Pulltabby

Forum Supporter
I enjoy watching privy diggers on YouTube often there are at least 2 or more diggers. How do they divide the finds? often they can be valuable rare bottles...just wondering. hh

I know when I used to dig bottles with friends, YOU keep what YOU find. Never dug a privy... But I have the equipment to do so in the future. Happy hunting!

I know when I used to dig bottles with friends, YOU keep what YOU find. Never dug a privy... But I have the equipment to do so in the future. Happy hunting!

Thanks, never dug a privy either...my city is too modern....usually blind luck when find a old site. hh

Some diggers keep what they find at their turn digging (as cellrdwellr said) and others put all the finds out in a spread and take turns picking until everything is gone. Some gather a whole season's finds and then at the end of the digging season have a "Big Pick".

Some diggers keep what they find at their turn digging (as cellrdwellr said) and others put all the finds out in a spread and take turns picking until everything is gone. Some gather a whole season's finds and then at the end of the digging season have a "Big Pick".

Good way of doing it, thanks hh

The bottle diggers I've hung out with use the method of laying all the bottles on the ground at the end of the dig and taking turns picking. The guy who found the privy/got permission gets the first pick. Seems to work out fine and everyone's happy.

The bottle diggers I've hung out with use the method of laying all the bottles on the ground at the end of the dig and taking turns picking. The guy who found the privy/got permission gets the first pick. Seems to work out fine and everyone's happy.

Thanks..seems amazing how they can locate area of a old privy.

Back
Top Bottom