• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

What VDI number is your nemesis,?

Vdi

NONE

Tesoro...crisp beep = DIG ;)

Refreshing to see an honest discussion of the non merits of VDI (very damn inconsistent) readings. Digging tone will "consistently" produce more keepers than VDI no matter the detector make,price,or color. Just a proven fact.

Lots a farm trash here also with my Garrett At 400, but then up comes a shield nickel ! I would love an AT Max....starting to fill my second 5gallon bucket with trash.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

for me with my Nox 800 it is 23-24 the aluminum screw cap. It hits around wheat pennies and buttons and cannot find anyway to tease it out as a junk target.

A big solid crisp '67' TID on the F70 is ALWAYS a Chucky Cheese or 'No Cash Value' carwash token every single time! I stopped looking at TIDS a long time ago, but still, even hunting straight audio, on the F70, running Delta Pitch tones, a guy hears one of those CC or NCV tokens..It just jumps right out at you! Its such a hard crisp hit, theres no way a guy can let that one go unstabbed!

The 67 is under silver/clad dime tones, and just above a 63 zinc, so its an oddball tone that stops a guy and gets the immediate 'dig me' notice....

So a fellow glances at the TID screen occasionally just for giggles.....67? I knew it! ..You even say to yourself before the extract..."That 67 tone is definitely a NCV or a CC token!" And sure enough, it always is..! Although, a guy says to himself,

Maybe someday there will be a $10 massive gold coin stack payoff or a monster gold ring on that tone and TID? Thats what a fellow tells himself anyway....? So I have come to Love/Hate that 'hard 67 CC and No cash Value tone and Tid'...

Thinking....I guess I dont mind pulling the 67's...nice big target, easy as pie to stab and pull... I pass them off to the kid running the till behind the counter at the StopNRob and have him convinced that Chucky Cheese tokens are actually 'Hillary Clinton Presidential' $1 coins! Dopey kid running the till! I fill my tank and buy a case of beer, walk in and keep a straight face as He rings up the purchase, and I slam a stack of dirty ChuckyCheese down on the counter!

The facial similarities between Hillary Clinton and Chucky Cheese are nearly identical! Kid behind the counter says, What the hell are these? Im like, "What the hell Butters? Those are Hillary Clinton Presidential $1 Dollar coins! I'm paying for my gas and beer! Dont you know nothing? Who did you think they were? Millard fussin Fillmore?"...Also, I'd like a carwash...heres a NCV token that says I get one!....:laughing:

I cant wait for the Elizabeth Warren Presidential $5's to come out! Nobody knows who she is in the till running StopNrob circles...She needs to get some name recognition by getting elected for this to payoff for us....The Presidential $5 'EDubs' will be popping 67 Tids just like the Chuckys and Hillarys did! NCV! Free Beer! :laughing:

Mud a point of clarification needed here. Are you talking about the later more happy looking character on the token or the earlier rat faced token maybe looking like Hillary? By the way, saw on ebay the rat faced token going for $7.50. Maybe you have more money in your token collection than you had figured.

Attachments

• chuckyecheesehappy.jpg
    chuckyecheesehappy.jpg
    14.9 KB · Views: 83
  • chuckyecheeserattoken.jpg
    chuckyecheeserattoken.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 95
for me with my Nox 800 it is 23-24 the aluminum screw cap. It hits around wheat pennies and buttons and cannot find anyway to tease it out as a junk target.

Me too! Dug a mega-butt-ton of those last Saturday. But I have another one or two that dogs me-- square tabs at 12, 13, 14 and higher, round pull tabs at 16 17 and the folded over beaver tail or ball of foil at 13 where I dig nickels and hopefully rings. Pulling my hair out. Not really ha ha but after a while I quit park 2 and go back to my Andy Sabish coin program on park one to cherry pick coins to take a break from trash digging.

On my NOX 800 it is 16. Pull tab 90% of the time. If I get a solid 14 it has 90% of the time been a nickle.

The other day I had a 16 that stood out because it was a little too "beefy" and deeper compared to the aluminum all around it. I was hoping for a ring. It turned out to be two nickels stuck together.

I know soil conditions can change things, but that's the first I've heard of a solid 14 being a nickel. I'll dig 13s that bounce to 14, usually because of what else is in the ground. Solid 13s are the nickel number for me. If anything they bounce lower to 12 and even 11, especially the older/deeper nickels.

"Hello ten. You are sounding nice and solid. Not like all those other tens that turn out to be can slaw, but round, smooth,...and real. About the size of a quarter, but denser...maybe 4 or 5 inches down. I've been waiting for you. I knew I bought this Minelab Equinox for a reason. It speaks to me. I trust it when it tells me you are indeed that big gold class ring that has been eluding me for so long. Can't wait to show you off on the forum. Now come to Papa....I see it! I see shiny! What do we have here?... Aluminum can slaw!!!!"
"Ok ten. Ya got me...again. One of these days you will pay. You and your little buddy, nine. You will pay..."

Back
Top Bottom