Life Keeps Getting In The Way

Lee1968

Elite Member
I am off 2 days this week - the other 5, I am working 12 hour night shifts (5:00 pm - 5:00 am). Yesterday, it was 58F and sunny. I slept in the morning for a bit, but mom had 2 doctor appointments, and then of course lunch. When we finally got her settled back at home, my wife suggested the lane was "kind of rough". Spent 2 hours on the tractor with a box blade smoothing it out. In the house at 2:30, my wife's phone goes off, and it is an older lady in town that bought a treadmill and was asking if we could come over and set it up for her. Today, my second day off, I got up, and it is 19F and just a bit windy. My wife asked - Are you going metal detecting today? I don't think anybody has anything for us to do. :(

Take her metal detecting in the 19 degrees and she will get the hint!

Sent from my Armor_3 using Tapatalk

busy life

I am off 2 days this week - the other 5, I am working 12 hour night shifts (5:00 pm - 5:00 am). Yesterday, it was 58F and sunny. I slept in the morning for a bit, but mom had 2 doctor appointments, and then of course lunch. When we finally got her settled back at home, my wife suggested the lane was "kind of rough". Spent 2 hours on the tractor with a box blade smoothing it out. In the house at 2:30, my wife's phone goes off, and it is an older lady in town that bought a treadmill and was asking if we could come over and set it up for her. Today, my second day off, I got up, and it is 19F and just a bit windy. My wife asked - Are you going metal detecting today? I don't think anybody has anything for us to do. :(

I think it is that way for many of us on here.:laughing:

Without going into detail I can relate . I am retired and still can't find much time to go detecting . I actually haven't been able to go out and detect since the last decade :(:lol: . I never thought so much of my free time would be spent doing other people's stuff for them . It sounds like our wives may be related . I hope you get some detecting time in soon , I wish you all the best .

Retirement free time

Without going into detail I can relate . I am retired and still can't find much time to go detecting . I actually haven't been able to go out and detect since the last decade :(:lol: . I never thought so much of my free time would be spent doing other people's stuff for them . It sounds like our wives may be related . I hope you get some detecting time in soon , I wish you all the best .

I retired at the end of 2017 , had all these wild ideas about lots of free time and lots more detecting. I also recall my dad getting lots of naps in his retirement. I find my self even more busy than before. Wife always has some project she wants done on top of what I have already planed out. Spend about 1/2 my time in Missouri at our place and 1/2 in Florida helping daughter . That gives me 2 homes to keep up. The place in Florida we just got about 1/2 year ago so doing lots of landscaping , fence painting and maintance , I also help with child care when granddaughter is not in day care ( her husband is over seas ) daughter is finishing her nursing degree. Have my detecting gear with me and will get out there and enjoy this nice weather soon, always just a few more projects to get out of the way first.:laughing:

Lately the weather has not been cooperating, seems like this time of year when the temperatures are warm enough to be bearable it is accompanied by lots of rain and very soggy muddy ground even when the rain stops, then by the time the ground gets un-soggy enough the temps go down way down enough to make it miserable being outside too long at one time. Still hope to start getting in some occasional detecting while waiting for Spring :lol:

As far as being busy, my wife wanted me to retire but she wanted to keep working for a while, so it's only fair that I take care of most of the household stuff, all the cooking and dishes, most of the laundry and cleaning, grocery shopping, ect. Of course there is an occasional project I need to work on other than the normal everyday chores, and during the summer 1 1/2 acres of yard to keep from turning into a jungle :lol:

I have a renewed respect for housewives, I seem to work harder maintaining the household than when I worked a job :lol: but hey, I am not saying this as a complaint, just explaining, because at least I work on my own schedule and can take breaks when I want and don't have to punch a timeclock or commute :lol:

:lol:

Far too often we put others ahead of ourselves. The more you give the more they want. It's one thing to help others once in a while but we have to limit the time and commitments. I've been semi-retired since 2002 and enjoy my extra free time.

Back
Top Bottom